Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know how to de-clog accel. pump passage - 150cc buddy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
ashearer

Buddy International 150cc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:03 am    Post subject: Anyone know how to de-clog accel. pump passage - 150cc buddy Reply with quote

Cleaned entire carb, jets, etc... Can't get carb fluid to flow through little accelerator pump passage. Won't flow into the body near the butterfly valve. I have boiled the body for 15 min, then use carb cleaner to get clean. Used copper wire to clear the large diameter portion, but the teeny tiny hole on the inside does not seem open. Tried compressed air at home.

Any suggestions? I was so excited to finally put everything back together. It looks so clean and ready to go, except for this one passage I CANNOT GET CLEARED... Ahh..

Suggestions please... I was hoping to get this fixed myself, but i suppose i might have to bring it in to a shop.

Is there i small hooked needle i need to buy to try and feed it from the inside of the carburetor?

Thanks,
Alana
Dooglas

Buddy 125, Buddy Kick, Vespa GTS300

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most shops clean carburetors and other small parts in an ultrasonic cleaner.
Alzero

Lance Cali Classic 125

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have access to the jet, safety wire or guitar strings have worked for some people. It depends on how small the hole is.
mjrally

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any Harbor Freight coupons, they have a decent ultrasonic cleaner. Bathe and poke with the smallest electric guitar string you can find. Might take a while but its possible.

I may be able to help sometime midweek. I’m up in Oceanside.
Stanza

Puch Maxi, Roughhouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultrasonic Cleaner (harbor freight), get it as hot as possible, and do a 50/50 mix of water and simple green. Soak/shake for a good half hour, and blow out the passages with compressed air.
ashearer

Buddy International 150cc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject: Sonicator Reply with quote

Ok. Just bought my own ultrasonic cleaner. I will see if that works. Thanks
tenders

Buddy International 50 Italia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don’t have to fill the ultrasonic cleaner tank with cleaning solution. You can put small parts into a Ziploc bag with a few shots of cleaner, squeeze the air out, seal the bag, and put the bag into water in the tank.

You can also use a small glass or plastic jar, without a lid, as long as the water level in the tank is up to the level of the cleaner in the jar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: