Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wont start....any ideas?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
blublud

Genuine Hooligan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Wont start....any ideas? Reply with quote

Hello all,
Today I went for a ride on my 2014 Hooligan. Nothing out of the ordinary during the ride. Picked up my daughter for a quick trip to get ice cream. While inside getting our cones, we came outside to my scooter tipped over against a hill in the parking lot. Not sure if someone tipped it over, or if it was something else. Kickstand was down and secure to my inspection of it. No damage to the scooter that I can see. When going through the usual operation of starting it, nothing. I get an error code on the digital speedometer that reads cD 14-02. Sounds like the starter wants to fire it over, but will not. Battery tested fine, all the fuses test fine. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Ryan
cummingsjc

Genuine Buddy 50cc, Genuine Mean Cat, Piaggio MP3-500 (Desert Camo), MP3-400 (Pinky)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If possible, leave it alone for a day or so then try it again. When scooters get laid on their sides fuel and oil get into the wrong places and need time to settle back into he right places. This is particularly true of carbureted engines (where the carburetor float won't stop the engine from being flooded out with gas) but could also be the case for your EFI Hooligan. Smarter folks than I on this forum will probably give you a better answer than this but I have had a number of decent running scooters have temporary issues after being laid on their side. Continuing to try to crank them normally only results in a dead battery.
Stitch

Stella 2t Sym Symba Honda express 2 roughhouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried resetting the ecu?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/scooters/comments/44yq71/genuine_buddy_hooligan_170i_idle_problem_easy_fix/

dh12791

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject: Curious if you ever got this resolved Reply with quote

Hi I have a Genuine Hooligan same year with the same code. Im curious if you ever got this code (CD 14-02) figured out?
Syd

'09 GTS250

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta ask: Kill switch?
JettaKnight

2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Curious if you ever got this resolved Reply with quote

dh12791 wrote:
Hi I have a Genuine Hooligan same year with the same code. Im curious if you ever got this code (CD 14-02) figured out?

Don't you just hate finding an old thread about the exact same problem, but no answer?
Stanza

Puch Maxi, Roughhouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

14-02 is a code that sometimes shows up when the battery is super low, or if the computer suspects the power is inconsistent. I would check your battery voltage, check battery connections, and if all else fails, replace all the fuses.
ucandoit

2008 buddy 125

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syd's comment about checking the Kill-Switch is so funny and true. It has to be the first thing to check. More than once I've been baffled why the scooter won't start, and sure enough, the kill-switch had been turned on, either by another rider who thought that was the way to stop the engine, or by myself accidentally.
Syd

'09 GTS250

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ucandoit wrote:
Syd's comment about checking the Kill-Switch is so funny and true. It has to be the first thing to check. More than once I've been baffled why the scooter won't start, and sure enough, the kill-switch had been turned on, either by another rider who thought that was the way to stop the engine, or by myself accidentally.

I was rolling my scoot up the hitch hauler when it came to me. Embarassed Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: