Anyone know how to de-clog accel. pump passage - 150cc buddy

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ashearer

Anyone know how to de-clog accel. pump passage - 150cc buddy

Post by ashearer »

Cleaned entire carb, jets, etc... Can't get carb fluid to flow through little accelerator pump passage. Won't flow into the body near the butterfly valve. I have boiled the body for 15 min, then use carb cleaner to get clean. Used copper wire to clear the large diameter portion, but the teeny tiny hole on the inside does not seem open. Tried compressed air at home.

Any suggestions? I was so excited to finally put everything back together. It looks so clean and ready to go, except for this one passage I CANNOT GET CLEARED... Ahh..

Suggestions please... I was hoping to get this fixed myself, but i suppose i might have to bring it in to a shop.

Is there i small hooked needle i need to buy to try and feed it from the inside of the carburetor?

Thanks,
Alana
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Most shops clean carburetors and other small parts in an ultrasonic cleaner.
Alzero

Post by Alzero »

If you have access to the jet, safety wire or guitar strings have worked for some people. It depends on how small the hole is.
mjrally

Post by mjrally »

If you have any Harbor Freight coupons, they have a decent ultrasonic cleaner. Bathe and poke with the smallest electric guitar string you can find. Might take a while but its possible.

I may be able to help sometime midweek. I’m up in Oceanside.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Ultrasonic Cleaner (harbor freight), get it as hot as possible, and do a 50/50 mix of water and simple green. Soak/shake for a good half hour, and blow out the passages with compressed air.
ashearer

Sonicator

Post by ashearer »

Ok. Just bought my own ultrasonic cleaner. I will see if that works. Thanks
tenders

Post by tenders »

You don’t have to fill the ultrasonic cleaner tank with cleaning solution. You can put small parts into a Ziploc bag with a few shots of cleaner, squeeze the air out, seal the bag, and put the bag into water in the tank.

You can also use a small glass or plastic jar, without a lid, as long as the water level in the tank is up to the level of the cleaner in the jar.