Missing USB outlet on 2021 Buddy Kick

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lbwems78

Missing USB outlet on 2021 Buddy Kick

Post by lbwems78 »

So I picked up my new 2021 Buddy Kick on Saturday from over an hour and a half away. Shame on me for not looking more closely, but when I looked for the USB outlet that is supposed to come standard with the model, all I found was a 12V outlet in the storage compartment under the seat. The dealer claims that some do not come with the USB port, and the 12V is more versatile, etc. I'm wondering if it is missing from the factory? Should I contact Genuine directly?
Syd

Post by Syd »

I'd get a cigarette lighter to USB charger and do what you need.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
eggsalad

Post by eggsalad »

Or if you're so inclined, you can replace that cigarette port with a USB port yourself. They're only a few bucks on Amazon, etc.
tenders

Post by tenders »

I agree with the dealer. This combo voltmeter/dual USB charger is more useful than the stock USB charger, and just plugs into the 12V outlet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TM8VWX8/
Ipso_no_facto

Re: Missing USB outlet on 2021 Buddy Kick

Post by Ipso_no_facto »

So, hey i have the exact same problem. I know this was over a year ago, but I too have just bought a 2021 Buddy Kick. As well, my dealer is about 2 hrs away and i never bothered to check to see that the supposed usb charging port was actually there. Shame on me for not looking too, but shame on your dealer or anyone else that thinks this is ok. Havent heard the excuse yet of my dealer, but I'm not looking forward to it. Maybe I'll slow my roll a bit if you can tell me that the excuse you got was even true? As in, does it actually work as they've suggested? I look into that empty socket and yeah, maybe that's a nub that will accept a lighter adapter, maybe not. Have you ever used yours for something other than usb charging? Or even just the adapter facilitated usb charging?
Dooglas

Re: Missing USB outlet on 2021 Buddy Kick

Post by Dooglas »

I own a '20 Kick. It came with a 12V outlet under the seat. I added a push in USB adapter. Much more versatile than having a permanently installed USB port.
Buddy Kick, Vespa GTS/ABS, Buddy 125 (my SO's ride)