Upgraded Blur Lookalike?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

whiteoryx

Upgraded Blur Lookalike?

Post by whiteoryx »

Hi guys and gals. I was just surfing around the web and came upon this forum which has a discussion about the Blur which is exactly the same bike that i own here in South East Asia. Since there isn't much cool pictures of the "Blur" thats going around, i'm gonna post a picture here which i believe will be something good to discuss about. Do you all know that the Blur is also known by a lot of different names throughout the world? Here's a few;

Taiwan, Spore, Canada, Europe: PGO Gmax
Malaysia: Modenas Elite Sport
Turkey: Kazuni Bobcat
Japan: PGO Alloro
USA: Genuine Blur

Thats all i found so far so if u guy wanna know more about the bike, you can do a search by the names that i posted above... here's the pic that i was telling u guyz about (and its not my bike by the way but how i wish it is :) )
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

I'm just guessing here, but I don't think that G-Max is stock ...
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

The wing and pipes give it away?
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

So... we're all curious to know what kind of performance parts and upgrades you have on your scooter and whether we can get them here as well!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
whiteoryx

Post by whiteoryx »

Yupz, that first pic i posted is not a stock bike. The same goes for this as well but don't they look cool? :)

Well... i have'nt really did much to my bike and it stil looks the same like the stock blur except for an engine oil cooler as well as a "block breather" which basically did not do much different to the bike's performance except for making it looks nicer. By the way, i'm riding a 200cc version of the PGO Gmax, one of the first few in the world 8) . Here a pic of the oil cooler and the block breather i was refering to;

Block Breather (let excess air in the block out for better combustion if i'm not wrong :P )

Engine oil cooler ( helps to keep the engine oil cool for long distance riding)

Ohz, and lastly i did fix this cool foot plates that looks and works much better that the stock rubber ones :wink:

jasonkoscho

parts

Post by jasonkoscho »

What sire did you purchase these parts from?
Erlkonig

Post by Erlkonig »

all in here ! http://www.dcr-motor.com.tw/pd/pd.php?gpno=22

but u need someone know chinese
jasonkoscho

parts

Post by jasonkoscho »

im really looking to swap out my orange panels. Do you know where i could get alt panels?

I see some panle looking things on that page, but im not sure what they are for.

thanks!
BlueMark

G-Max aftermarket

Post by BlueMark »

I see some panle looking things on that page, but im not sure what they are for.
This may help a little (not much): DCR-motor.com translated to Engrish

-Mark
odzy

Post by odzy »

you can get almost any accesories for the Blur/G-Max here in Australia...
Last edited by odzy on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

odzy wrote:you can get almost any accesories for the Blur/G-Max here in Australia...
The picture is my little project:
... fully blueprinted and overhauled scoot, dino tested to 386cc (top speed 193km/h), complete with racing pipe, front YSS racing gas forks, rear YSS racing shocks, NOS System, Dell'Orto carbie, Tire Watch, Mychron3 extreme display, Racing tuned CTV, 10.3 litre stainless steel fuel tank, 260mm diameter front floating disc brakes, front+rear ceramic brake pads, custom racing seat, billet aluminium foot rests, carbon fibre mirrors and handle bar ends, upgraded alternator to 65 watts, LED lights and Xeon front light.

You can go on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2KP1dQh5xY)and look + listen to the exhaust sound... it's a killer!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
That's 120mph for us non-metric types in the US. Fuh. Pretty amazing. How fast have you had it? I'm sure it's still pretty lightweight for something capable of going that kind of speed.

Don't think the BMW graphics are going to fool anyone, though. ;)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
odzy

Post by odzy »

sorry dunno what it is in miles...
Last edited by odzy on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Speeda

Post by Speeda »

odzy, pictures of that kart motor in your scooter please .... Speed is good
Live Free Or Die
odzy

Post by odzy »

Speeda wrote:odzy, pictures of that kart motor in your scooter please .... Speed is good
Last edited by odzy on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hey odzy, now how about a picture of your scooter's engine?

"dino tested to 386cc"

How does an engine dyno measure engine cubic capacity?

Dave
odzy

Post by odzy »

With a lot of hard work.
Last edited by odzy on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Well I'm not a mechanical engineer so can you explain to me why, in you first photo, the water pump is on the right side and in the second photo the water pump is on the left side? Also why does the exhaust look completly different in the 2 photos? Why does the FIM airbox apear in the second photo but not in the first?
Speeda

Post by Speeda »

what happened to all of the pictures, they were here,right????? where did they go ????
Live Free Or Die
Dave

Post by Dave »

He was just funnin'
Dave

Post by Dave »

wow, I just noticed he removed his comments too
donajgra

Upgrades

Post by donajgra »

Has anyone been able to find any performance upgrade parts for their Blur in the US? Or even any websites that will send parts to the US? (Unfortunately, the schools around here don't teach Chinese) :(

PS - Rode to work today, and the weather was perfect on the way home. How did I ever live without a scooter? And I have to admit that even with stock parts, the Blur is still great. I am a big guy and I was cruising at 60 BSUs with no problem.
BlueMark

Re: Upgrades

Post by BlueMark »

donajgra wrote:Has anyone been able to find any performance upgrade parts for their Blur in the US? Or even any websites that will send parts to the US? (Unfortunately, the schools around here don't teach Chinese) :(
Turns out my windscreen from Genuine worked as a performance upgrade, easily added 5 mph to my cruising speed and top end.

I've also got some Dr. Pulley Sliding Roller Weights. Haven't installed them yet. The Blur 150 takes the 18x14/14gr weights
I am a big guy and I was cruising at 60 BSUs with no problem.
I'm a big guy too. Caught a nice tail wind on my way back from the massive detour I took on the way home from work, hit just under 70 BSU's (I assume that is Blur Speed Units). Gotta figure that is over 60 even with an optimistic speedo. Gotta wonder what I could do with a Blur 200.

-Mark
jasonkoscho

Where to Buy...

Post by jasonkoscho »

This guy gets some stuff in. You have to keep checking for updates though...
http://stores.ebay.com/SCOOTER-CASA

But i've talked to people in AU and Tiawann.

The Tiawan site is: http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... uage_tools

Some of the translations are pretty funny, my favorite is "Behind the F-Box"

I had a friend of mine translate it and find someone's contact info - feel free to email and ask about the parts on their site. They were pretty friendly, but i m not sure if they'll actually ship it out here.. i didnt get that far along.

I dont want to post his email because of spam - if you want it, send me an email or a message.

-Jason.
donajgra

new parts

Post by donajgra »

The first part that I would be looking for is a lower pressure exhaust. Even though the stock part is supposed to be a great design, according to PGO's website http://english.pgo.com.tw/EVOTurboPipes.shtml.

I was hoping there would be something that is similar to the upgrade pipe for the buddy. http://www.scooterworks.com/Performance ... _P4865.cfm

The exhaust seems like a good place to start with out being too intrusive. The extra five BSUs from the windshield are right up my alley, but I just don't know if I would like it, I prefer the naked look.
whiteoryx

Post by whiteoryx »

Something to share with you guyz! The Naked Gmax 8)

This is a stock model by PGO and should be in Asia by late 2007 or early 2008. I got this pics from my dealer and boy is it cool... :P
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

whiteoryx wrote:Something to share with you guyz! The Naked Gmax 8)

This is a stock model by PGO and should be in Asia by late 2007 or early 2008. I got this pics from my dealer and boy is it cool... :P
Wow! Maybe the 2008 Blur?
Do you know anything about the engine? There are some rumors about a rotary engine swirling around...
jasonkoscho

Spedo

Post by jasonkoscho »

I really like how it looks without the plastic dashboard. The biggest problem with that would be wiring up a new set of gauges. Has anyone had any experience with this?
whiteoryx

Post by whiteoryx »

Hmm.. its been a while since i posted here :D More cool pics for you guyz...

Anyone care for a pizza? :P

Btw, i got all these pics from the net hence i do not know where do they get the performance parts from :roll: This bike is from denmark if i'm not wrong :lol:
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

bump because I'd definitely like to start talking about these again... :shock: