Finally I took it home !

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

EP_scoot

Finally I took it home !

Post by EP_scoot »

Well guys,
finally a Saturday arrived where the weather was great and I was able to take the Blur home.

I bought it in December, without a test ride because of weather, but after reading everything out there on the net. I have to say that the reviews were indeed very accurate.

Started with 0.7 BDUs and by the time I got home it had 69 BDUs.
The brakes are fenomenal, the suspension, harsh, but sporty, the chasis is solid allowing me to flick it into turs with just a thought. The tire profile makes it hold the lean where you want, rather than wanting to keep leaning and you having to countersteer to control.

I was smiling from hear to hear the whole time :D Truly, it was more than I anticipated. Part of my memories from 20 years back resurfaced and the feeling of just flicking my hip and make the scoot move reminded me of my days up and down the mountains of Pamplona with my friends. God what a great feeling ! I had forgotten how fun this is.

The day was great, but the wind was wicked. Windchill must have been in the low 30's, but having that neck thing from buell that (Leroy ?) told us about was very helpfull.

It was also nice to meet Nathaniel and Kevin at the shop. Man, they were busy today!!! I just took the scoot and boggied. I will stop sometime next week to go over the maintenance and such.

Seriously, this is one very good scoot. Not just one thing, but the combination of the chasis, suspension, brakes, seating position, etc. It is very nimble. Riding it is almost an intuitive experience, you look somewhere and the scoot just goes there with such minimum effort. Powering out of the turns gave me great confidence and that is with very cold pavement. I imagine in the late spring and summer, with warmer pavement it probably feels even more solid.

OK, I am rambling so I going to stop myself.

What a day, what a ride ! :clap:
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Congratulations! Great post and, oh, so true about the handling, brakes and feel of the Blur. I hope this is the beginning of a long happy relationship. :)

-John
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

now that's a good day :D

congrats! :clap:
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

Congrats man! Good to finally meet you too. You looked real sharp tearing out of there on to Minehaha. Let's definately get together and ride next time the weather allows!
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

Congrats and have fun! :D I'm glad it worked out, because for all the great reviews out there on the net, it really does just come down to how to personally enjoy riding it. I think the Blur is very well made. Great brakes, nice exhaust and chassis, etc. Very good storage space, and I like that the tank is low. There's a sporty feel (for a 150cc machine) that I didn't get from some of the more retro-looking scoots out there. And those 13" wheels somehow feel *so much more* stable than the 12" ones to me, I don't know if it's me or the balance of weight on the Blur or whatever, but I really do like this scoot. Once the wheels hit 16" or so the ride doesn't feel so scooter-like, so I think 13-14" is really the ideal sweet spot between flickability and stability (at least for my usual city speeds).

I was just talking today with a scooter tech about how the kick start on the Blur works great, compared to the "after thought" versions on the Vespa LX-150 (hey Vespa fans, I know it's a great scoot, just not that particular feature, ok :) )

Only thing I wish it had more of are aftermarket parts, but maybe they'll be more available by the time my warranty expires, which I think is in another year and a half.

Again congrats and welcome to the Blur/GMax Nation! :D
coopdway

Post by coopdway »

Sorry I didn't make it EP, though it sounds like you had a red letter day without me! :D

I'm going to try for a ride today before that next 5" falls. Ride safe and hope to see you this season out riding. Have fun!
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

I ended up having a couple hours to myself today and the weather is nice enough so I took it for another 60 BDU ride. Went to Excelsior the long way, had a burger by the lake (man the wind was coooold coming accross the frozen lake). Then took 101 south to the MN river and meander all the way home.

What a blast. The handlng is so good. The pics are from yesterday.

I was trying to figure out where to fit a Stebel horn, have any of you done it on the Blur? Any suggestions?
Attachments
Darn Winter!
Darn Winter!
darn winter.JPG (84.78 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
Cool scoot, papi !
Cool scoot, papi !
cool scoot papi.JPG (135.36 KiB) Viewed 1336 times

D.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

apologies for going off topic but that's a nice looking neighborhood
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Thanks corsair.
The people are nice and there are tons of kids so my kids are happy, and you know what they said, if the kids ain't happy, ain't nobody happy !
The only bad thing is that is kind of hilly so my boy (in the pic) had a flat run of about 5 houses into which to learn to ride the bike without training wheels. Go past it and it was downhill at either end. He almost got it last year, so I am sure as soon as his casts are off, he will pick it up in a couple of tries . . . hopefully before getting to the end of the flat run :shock:

D.
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

i see your blur came with the duck bill on the back as well i took mine of it just made water splash up on the back fender. but i realy love the 06's i have the 07 its alittle more subdude
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

i see your blur came with the duck bill on the back as well i took mine of it just made water splash up on the back fender. but i realy love the 06's i have the 07 its alittle more subdude