Blur Discounts ???

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

shark

Blur Discounts ???

Post by shark »

I wonder if there are good discounts on the Blur?? And if there are what have you seen?!

I looked at one Sat ,when we were looking at our upcoming addition, and thought it was a nice rig....
itcardoc

discounted blurs

Post by itcardoc »

High,I got my 2006 Blur a couple of months ago for WELL under $3000.00 out the door. Genuine was giving good discounts to the dealers. -Kevin
If anything can go wrong ... it will!
Sunil

Post by Sunil »

NoHo scooters is selling a used 06 on consignment for $2000. I think it only has about 1100 miles on it. The owner decided he wanted a sportbike. If I didn't already have a buddy I'd snap it up. I'm trying to convince my friend to buy it so I can ride it :twisted:
tempalte

Post by tempalte »

I just got a 2006 blur for $2750, plus they threw in an MRP exhaust pipe.

I think 2006 Blurs are going for about $2400.
Dan Buddy

Post by Dan Buddy »

If my local dealer was selling them for that price would probably buy one but when I inquired the price hasn't gone down yet. We will see what spring brings....
scooternutz
Dealer

Post by scooternutz »

I have a 2006 demo with 900 km on it. It has the MRP pipe , rollers and jetting. I'll sell it for $2500.00 . I am a dealer in S.W. Missouri you can contact me @ 417-581-9400 If you are close to me I would like to help you out. Tim @ Ozark Powersports

www.ozarkpowersports.com
chris brewer

Post by chris brewer »

Now we're well into 2008, are there any new Blurs left, and if so what are they going for? What would a good used 2007 (no orange) fetch?
I have a nice 2007 Vespa LX150 but I'm thinking the Blur would cope better with the potholes on my commute (I guess there's always the People S200?)
GaryEPSP

Post by GaryEPSP »

chris brewer wrote:Now we're well into 2008, are there any new Blurs left, and if so what are they going for? What would a good used 2007 (no orange) fetch?
I have a nice 2007 Vespa LX150 but I'm thinking the Blur would cope better with the potholes on my commute (I guess there's always the People S200?)
There are tons of new Blurs out there. Tons. The U.S. will get the '08's when the inventory goes down in the U.S. If you're getting a deal on a 06 or 07, take it and run. These scoots are great.

The Blur's 13 inch tires will help a little with the potholes, the tires are wider than the LX150, as well. If it's just potholes you're worried about, the larger the tire, the better off you'll be. But you trade off a smidge of nimbleness, too.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

GaryEPSP wrote:

There are tons of new Blurs out there. Tons. The U.S. will get the '08's when the inventory goes down in the U.S.
Hey Gary, do you have some inside information on the Blur? Do you want to share? :D

As far as I know, the Blur is not being brought to the US for '08. There has been rumors about coming back on '09 with a bigger engine, but again, just rumors.

As far as being tons out there, maybe some shops have tons, but our shop in town I think only has one '07 left if it is still there (I have not been there for a couple of months). I think whichever shop has one still in in stock, it will sell this spring as I am thinking they would have a noce price on it.
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
GaryEPSP

Post by GaryEPSP »

EP_scoot wrote:
GaryEPSP wrote:

There are tons of new Blurs out there. Tons. The U.S. will get the '08's when the inventory goes down in the U.S.
Hey Gary, do you have some inside information on the Blur? Do you want to share? :D

As far as I know, the Blur is not being brought to the US for '08. There has been rumors about coming back on '09 with a bigger engine, but again, just rumors.

As far as being tons out there, maybe some shops have tons, but our shop in town I think only has one '07 left if it is still there (I have not been there for a couple of months). I think whichever shop has one still in in stock, it will sell this spring as I am thinking they would have a noce price on it.
I'm working for a Genuine dealer. I asked specific questions about the Blur because I, too, thought they were being phased out. The info I got was that any dealer could get the 06's or 07's and they can get as many as they want. It's fantastic scoot, if people are getting deals on them, even better. But with the Buddy outselling the Blur 10 to 1, most dealers want to stock the scoots that move out the door.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

That's the impression I got too, it wasn't really "discontinued," they just have a ton in stock and they weren't selling great, so they didn't bring any more in this year. The only weird thing is, why would they take them off the site? ArgoUSA has been selling and advertising 2005 Bajajes for three years now.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Boy, if they have that many, it really does not make sense that they would not advertise them.

Also, I imagine the can get some panels from PGO in other colors and come up with a "2008" model by just switching the panels to a, say, white/red model vs. the orange/graphite '06 or grey/black '07.
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

EP_scoot wrote:Boy, if they have that many, it really does not make sense that they would not advertise them.
That is strange, though I'm sure it's not thousands or anything. I think it's actually getting pretty hard to find an '06.
EP_scoot wrote:Also, I imagine the can get some panels from PGO in other colors and come up with a "2008" model by just switching the panels to a, say, white/red model vs. the orange/graphite '06 or grey/black '07.
It wouldn't be legal to sell them as a year other than what the VIN says, and not really practical to change panels, either, since they're packed in crates until the dealer gets 'em.

Could be a legal thing as far as listing them on the site, though Honda and Yamaha always keep their last-year models on their site (but clearly marked as last years') for a while.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
ysofisonly50?

Post by ysofisonly50? »

2008 PGO G-Max 150 (new) (aka Genuine Blur) 4-stroke, white w/ red accents
price: $2500 right here in Honolulu.
(oopps! is this spam? if so, pls. delete. thanks.)