Question of the hour....

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

brimstone

Question of the hour....

Post by brimstone »

so i'm getting my rattler next week and i've been looking at getting a new pipe and carb maybe. if i get those two items....are there anything else i need to get improved performance. i'm not looking to race, i just want a couple more ponies squeezed out, without having to go big bore or mess with weights and cvt.

or....

do i just go with the pipe and call it good?
ysofisonly50?

Post by ysofisonly50? »

first, take Ritalin and relax. ( hehe.. Jowk !! :P )
seriously, I'll break it in first and see if I could be happy (for the meantime) with the stock power.. heck, it's a 110cc 2T.
later on, if I decide it's time to increase power, then I'll look into pipes/carbs.
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

You might be surprised at how fun it is as-is, especially after break-in. It is, after all what it is....
brimstone

Post by brimstone »

oh no, i was thinking end of summer or even over the winter to upgrade it. i'm certainly going to toast my friends on their metro and ruckus, either way. hehehe...here in Alaska if it's 50 or bigger you have to have a motorcycle endorsment...which i have.....and they don't. muhahaha!!
DarbyWalters

Post by DarbyWalters »

Founder of www.LOSTKJs.com ... Jeep Liberty Forum

Lambretta UNO 150cc 4 Stroke...Hope I can still hang around here!

GY6B...4 Valve Head, 26mm carb, Oil Cooler, High Compression head...all Stock...64mpg Top End.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

The Prima pipe works best with 10g weights and a new contra spring. Scooterworks tuned it for use with the stock airbox and jet. They figure if you want a lot more than that you'll go with a big bore kit etc. I've also got a Polini air filter and I'm planning a 105 main jet when I get the chance. First I've got to get my Xenon working, quite the job on a 2 stroke :cry:
EZPZ #65
brimstone

Post by brimstone »

thanks guys....gives me a goal to start saving up for.