pgo trex

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

tfranchi

pgo trex

Post by tfranchi »

Hey all,

Just got a great deal on an almost new 2005 pgo trex. 600 miles on it and boy is it clean.... :D

Fast and fun. And of course I am looking for accessories for it. Any help or ideas for this bike?

Since Genuine is doing all the PGO importing into the USA, I am a bit confused about what fits or where to buy? Canada? Overseas? Local dealers of Genuine?

Does anyone know if the Blur back rack fits on the T Rex? In pictures it looks like the same mounting bolts but.........? This is the first item I need to add.

I have a Vino with a back rack and the rack sure is handy.

Let me know.

T
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Genuine doesn't import the T-Rex, so they definitely don't make anything specific for it, though maybe some of the Blur or Buddy stuff would fit. if it's a 110, it's probably the same engine as the Rattler 110, which I think is a PGO PM-S.

Givi makes lots of good bags, topcases, and saddlebags, they'd probably have something that'd fit.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I don't think they alter the body much so the Blur back rack should fit. Your best bet, though, would be to ride to the closest Genuine dealer. If your scoot shares an engine with the Rattler 110, it may be good to start a relationship with your local dealer anyways. If there's not one in your area, you may be able to order one from an online retailer which has a good returns policy in case it doesn't fit. Genuine sells accessories through their sister-company Scooterworks.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
tfranchi

t rex 125

Post by tfranchi »

yes I realize those are good sources for parts...and thanks for those answers....the closest genuine dealer is an hour away...will do a stop and shop there soon... I have the t=rex 125. It really is a mover. Got it licensed today...there is a zoo tax here...boy we seem to pay and pay and pay...gas tax highway tax sales tax zoo tax....ha ha :cry:
tfranchi

pgo accessories

Post by tfranchi »

went to the local genuine dealer...sold out of blurs and no blur rear racks to look at. went to the local ex pgo dealer...no racks left from before...anyone know where i can get a back rack for this pgo trex 125???? :roll:
mattgordon

Well

Post by mattgordon »

A picture would be worth a thousand words.....
tfranchi

Post by tfranchi »

pics

:)

Image[/img]
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

tfranchi wrote:pics

:)

Image[/img]
Nice! Is that a 2-stroke? Looks kinda Rattler-like....
tfranchi

Post by tfranchi »

four stroke 124 someone find me a rack :cry:
tfranchi

Post by tfranchi »

125 :oops:
hello canada :oops:
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

The engine in your PGO (and the Blur) is known as a "GY6" engine, which is a copy of a Honda. You'll find a lot of hop-up parts for the GY6 engine on the web and EBAY such as 180cc stroker/bore kits.

BTW: Really nice looking scoot you got there! Wish I could get my hands on the PGO G-Max 250. :cry:
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I can't really tell, but it doesn't look like the rack on Rattler, Blur or Buddy will fit on the Rex. So you have a locked gas tank? That's kinda cool. The Bud's are under the seat. Definitely looks different in the back... Maybe you could find a rack for a dirt bike that would fit? You might need some spacers or slight modifications to fit one on. The plastic around the gas cap can be removed right? Maybe there is another scooter/cycle that has a similar bolting structure... doesn't seem to match any American Genuine scoots. Bummer. :? I'm sure there's something out there.
Parkerl

Re: pgo trex

Post by Parkerl »

tfranchi wrote:Hey all,

Just got a great deal on an almost new 2005 pgo trex. 600 miles on it and boy is it clean.... :D

Fast and fun. And of course I am looking for accessories for it. Any help or ideas for this bike?

Since Genuine is doing all the PGO importing into the USA, I am a bit confused about what fits or where to buy? Canada? Overseas? Local dealers of Genuine?

Does anyone know if the Blur back rack fits on the T Rex? In pictures it looks like the same mounting bolts but.........? This is the first item I need to add.

I have a Vino with a back rack and the rack sure is handy.

Let me know.

T
I would try going into Eco Moto and see what they have to say... very nice and helpful people... its located on State and 10 S
tfranchi

trex rack

Post by tfranchi »

from what i can tell and been told the rack that fits flips out of the way so you can open the gas cap and refuel. i have seen a picture of a box rack that does this but that is not what i want. they sell pgo trex's in canada and if any of you are from canada and could clear up my questions about a rack for the trex that would be great. i am not a rear box fan. just doesn't thrill me looks wise.

a picture of the t-rex back rack would be great. anyone? there is a retailer in quebec that says he can sell me a rack. $99.