2009 4T Stella - CONFIRMED !

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

EP_scoot

2009 4T Stella - CONFIRMED !

Post by EP_scoot »

Something interesting happened to me last night.
I got a call from Philip McCaleb. We talked for a while during his visit to Scooterville's Cabin Fever Rally last January (he had been to my home town of Pamplona, Spain, in his youth so we had a good chat and exchanged cards). Anyway, he called because he wanted to pick my brain for the next generation posters for the Pamplona. See if I had some suggestions for a photo shoot or places where he could get some good quality photographs of historical areas in Pamplona, running of the bulls and such.

After we talked about the old times for a while and gave him my suggestions, I thought I would mention to him about the latest gossip going on with the 4T Stella or an auto Stella and such and asked him if he would be willing to shed some light. Well, he actually DID. He said the rumor mill is going 100mph and there is a truth to it. So we talked for like 20 minutes and this is the scoop.

There WILL be a 4 stroke automatic Stella in 2009. But it won't be called the Stella so as to not alienate the die-hards out there. The original name was going to be Audrey, but Audrey Hepburn's estate had some issues with it so it will be called Maria. The engine will be an automatic 250cc. It will have the same Stella metal body, but 12" tubeless tires, Stebel horn, halogen light and a Turbo Encabulator from Rockwell Automation (you can see a crude video if the original development for the cars in the 70's here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVZ8Ko-nss4). Because of everyone's need for additional storage, there will be no full spare tire. Instead, that area will have a glove box with a (deflated and folded) inflatable spare. Picking up the idea from small European spare tire designs, it will be small enough that if you get a flat you will be able to unfold it and inflate it with your own lungs, attach it with a simple Velcro patch and you will be able to reach speeds up to 25mph. Enough to get you to a shop to get the flat fixed. It is recommended that you have a hearty breakfast before you leave in your Maria in case you need to use those lungs.

The colors will be the same, Avocado, Tangerine, etc of the current 2008 Stella, but they will add Mango, Watermelon and Papaya With a Hint of Citrus. They were also planning on Grape, but the color was too similar to the one used by the goofy guy on the Grape costume for Fruit of the Loom ads, so instead of Grape they will go with Purple Passion Fruit, that one will be called the PuPaF, not to be confused with Boohbah (http://pbskids.org/boohbah/boohbah.html)

They have also learned that there seems to be an almost immediate demand for performance parts on new models. Thus, they are already working with NCY to have performance parts available the moment the Maria goes on sale. Some of the obvious are the racks, baskets, chrome pieces, and other decorative bits. Additionally they will have a triple dinglinagazing pipe that promises 10hp more. Also a demagnitizing magneto floating caliper rear dual disk brake and a formaldehide front split reacting fork suspension for those that want to have a more stuporous ride. And last but not least, they will also have a sidecar available with the POMP quick release feature. POMP stands for Pissed me Off Mucho, Partner. The way it works, if your sidecar riding companion gives you too much grief on the twisties, you can just push the POMP button and the side car releases, deploying a couple training wheels and a tiny steering wheel so your Partner can steer him/herself to safety while you enjoy the twisties in total freedom. The POMP feature also incorporates a GPS locator and a First Aid Kit in case you do this on a mountain pass and your, unlucky partner, ends up going off the cliff somewhere.

All in all it sounds like a great bike and they will apply a lot of the things they have heard of and read on this forum. MSRP is still undecided as they are still negotiating pricing on the encabulator.

Cheers, and have a great Dia de los Inocentes ! :D :D :D
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
FLMINI1048

Post by FLMINI1048 »

Good one! You had me going until you got to the colors.
Last edited by FLMINI1048 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Have a great day!

Mike
Ms. Milan

Post by Ms. Milan »

And a Happy April Fools Day to you too. :D :P
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

Thanks for reminding me to be wary of good news today! Har deehar!
golfinguy

Post by golfinguy »

Awesome! I was sold until the turbo encabulator....

You could have stopped and let us all carry on for a while though ;)
From our wonderful Buddy 50 service manual:
ass’ part loose
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Glad you all like it.
It took me a while to write it up as I was LMAO coming up with wacky stuff. That Turbo Encabulator video alone had me ROFL :D

D.
Pita1963

Re: 2009 4T Stella - CONFIRMED !

Post by Pita1963 »

EP_scoot wrote:have also learned that there seems to be an almost immediate demand for performance parts on new models. Thus, they are already working with NCY to have performance parts available the moment the Maria goes on sale. Some of the obvious are the racks, baskets, chrome pieces, and other decorative bits. Additionally they will have a triple dinglinagazing pipe that promises 10hp more. Also a demagnitizing magneto floating caliper rear dual disk brake and a formaldehide front split reacting fork suspension for those that want to have a more stuporous ride.
All in all it sounds like a great bike and they will apply a lot of the things they have heard of and read on this forum. MSRP is still undecided as they are still negotiating pricing on the encabulator.

Cheers, and have a great Dia de los Inocentes ! :D :D :D
Will the Flux Capacator be extra, or is it standard?

Robb

:nerd:
The answer is : 42
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Why did I get a buddy?! If it's coming so soon! GRAH!

I love my buddy alot, but the stella's px design is what really draws me to it, now they are making an automatic 250cc "Maria"! Man, maybe in another few years, this'll be my bike.
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

Well done. You had me up until the performance mods. I named my Vespa "Audrey" by the way ;-)
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

damn you, ep! i'd already started to figure out where i could start cutting corners to buy the new '09 auto stella. :evil: :lol:
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Once we all get this bike, we'll be seeing a 500cc stella then kick ourselves.
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

when i got to the colors i just kept thinking, "great, another damn cliche about a latina lady named maria with a damn fruit basket on her head" and then the POMP sidecar stuff, too funny!!! i was like "wow, what a fantastic detail! sounds like a mickey mouse cartoon!". ahhh, lol. i've been had! ::shakes fist::
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

jfrost2 wrote:
Once we all get this bike, we'll be seeing a 500cc stella then kick ourselves.
I will have to work on that one for next yere. It might come with a built-in tosater oven and cooler so you are the life of the party at rallies! :D

D.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

No, cause it'll run off pure energy and get 5000 miles to a reactive core. The toaster and cooler are accessories you gotta buy :\
twharton

Post by twharton »

The turbo encabulator was well intentioned but will never top the original Retro Encabulator! Vintage all the way for me baby!
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Okay, I admit, you had me going for a minute.
Witch

Post by Witch »

I totally agree with Robb... we need to know about the status of a Flux Capacator option. No time travel, no deal.

That sidecar option sounds great, though. I wonder if you could retrofit that to other scoots...
jetboy

Post by jetboy »

I'm embarassed to say you had me going up until the word "grape". Why did I forget what day it is???? :rofl:

-jetboy
"All these things - like telly witch-doctors, and advertising pimps, and show business pop song pirates - they despise us - dig? - they sell us cut-price sequins when we think we're getting diamonds."
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Now I am extremely angry because this is fake. :evil: Lol not at you, but I thought Genuine really did say there was gonna be a 250cc bike. Maybe there will be next year....maybe 2010!
brimstone

Post by brimstone »

papaya with a hint of citrus....that's classic. :P
JNV

4T Stella

Post by JNV »

I have a stack of freshly printed Hillary Clinton $100.00 dollar bills ready to give as a down payment on one of those.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

ModBud #442
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Awesome, I wish that I had seen that yesterday...POMP button FTW!
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

definitally a fun read. the colors is what tipped it off imo