new orange 08 buddy in Dayton

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Kaje

new orange 08 buddy in Dayton

Post by Kaje »

I just picked up my new buddy from Metro Scooter today :D It is more fun than I thought it could be. Seth gave me a crash course in scootering and now I can't wait to get my temporary permit monday or tuesday (probably should have gotten it before buying a scooter :P) I've been driving it around a parking lot near my house to get the hang of it. I let my sister ride it and now she is looking into getting one as well, I guess the buddy is contagious. I'll post pictures as soon as my camera batteries charge :)
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Congratulations on your new scoot! Now about that MSF course that you should be taking sooner rather than later.
twharton

Post by twharton »

Orange Buddy's are faster and sexier than all the others! :D
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Congrats! I initially thought I'd be riding my first scoot around for fun, errands, etc. It was way more fun than I'd even imagined. In less than a year, it became my full time ride. I now have a car, too, but still ride as much as I can. (The car helps me appreciate my scooter more!)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Kaje

Post by Kaje »

Dooglas wrote:Congratulations on your new scoot! Now about that MSF course that you should be taking sooner rather than later.
I would but all the places that offer it are about an hour away :(
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Kaje wrote:
Not a good enough excuse. I'm not familiar with the courses in your area, but virtually all MSF courses will provide scooters or small motorcycles for your use. I promise you that some day what you learn in an MSF course will save you from injury and your scoot from a bad crunch. Please give it some thought. Nobody who has taken one has ever regreted it.

Ride your new scoot, have fun, be safe.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

No, Now i'm not the only 08 orange owner! And in Dayton! :evil: :lol:

I bought the very first one metro scooter sold me, they gave me the crash course on my street after they delivered it, Seth is very nice! Quick email responses too.

He even gave me stickers for my buddy :)

What did you pay for your bike? He gave me and my dad a great deal on our bikes. Once you start riding more, you will love it, I'm still breaking in my buddy, but she goes lightening fast.

I didnt know there was another scooterist in dayton, maybe if there is more, we should have a dayton rally! :)
toddrw2251

Post by toddrw2251 »

I drove by Metro today and saw your new bike sitting out front awaiting your arrival. Congrats!
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Hey Kaje, where do you live? name off a near by store/place.

I'm surprised someone else has a orange buddy just like mine :)

I put my Buddy 125 badge on the left though, I like the look better on the left . Reminds me of the way vespa does their badging.

Also on taking the MSF class, how old are you? I'm 17 and got in for free, there were people who drove 2-3 hours to get to the class I was at, the class will help, without it, you can make alot of simple mistakes that will be learned the hard way, with the class, you can just zip on by and avoid problems. I'm glad I took my class even though my teacher made anti scooter and mean comments, But I still passed by 1 point :lol:
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

jfrost2 wrote: I didnt know there was another scooterist in dayton, maybe if there is more, we should have a dayton rally! :)
http://www.gemcityrollersscooterclub.com/#

The 2008 Rally is going to be in August :wink:

I'll see you there.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

congrats :D ride safe and have fun
Kaje

Post by Kaje »

jfrost2 wrote:Hey Kaje, where do you live? name off a near by store/place.

I'm surprised someone else has a orange buddy just like mine :)

I put my Buddy 125 badge on the left though, I like the look better on the left . Reminds me of the way vespa does their badging.

Also on taking the MSF class, how old are you? I'm 17 and got in for free, there were people who drove 2-3 hours to get to the class I was at, the class will help, without it, you can make alot of simple mistakes that will be learned the hard way, with the class, you can just zip on by and avoid problems. I'm glad I took my class even though my teacher made anti scooter and mean comments, But I still passed by 1 point :lol:
I don't really live in Dayton, just using it as a general area :P I live pretty close to the Dayton mall. I'm 20 so I wouldn't be able to do it for free but I'll look into it, I don't really have a lot of free time though going to college and working at the same :/
aerogirl7

Post by aerogirl7 »

Kaje wrote:
Dooglas wrote:Congratulations on your new scoot! Now about that MSF course that you should be taking sooner rather than later.
I used to live in Beavercreek and they have a class there, and there is also a class in Xenia (both in Greene County).

http://www.motorcycle.ohio.gov/brcschedule.htm

If you live near the Dayton Mall, the Beavercreek course would be maybe 15 min away, and the Xenia course 10 min further, if that. As far as time constraints, you can sign up for one of the weekend sessions (Fri, Sat, Sun) and I think it's only 12 to 15 hours total time commitment. Hope that helps. You'll want to register ASAP, as classes fill quickly.
At midnight, I'll turn into a pumpkin and drive away in my glass slipper. ~Roman Holiday
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Summer time is comming up, and by that time, you should be a scooter riding pro, maybe sometime we could meet up!