We're Not Fools This Weekender April 4,5,6 Hollywood

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rudegirl957

We're Not Fools This Weekender April 4,5,6 Hollywood

Post by rudegirl957 »

Big Thanks to NoHo Scooters and Westside Scooter Club for their support on this rally. You all rock!

Reminder: There will not be any support vehicles for this rally so please make sure that your scooter is in good running condition.

Friday Night:

Meetup at 8:00pm Leave at 8:30ish
Café Sabor y Cultura
5625 Hollywood Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90028

Ride to:
Bob’s Big Boy
4211 W Riverside Dr.
Burbank CA 91505

Mullholland Madness Ride: This ride is fairly advanced but fun. Make sure that your bike is in good repair and that you pay attention to the road!

Ends at:
Bar One
12518 Burbank Blvd
N. Hollywood CA 91607

Saturday Day:
Meetup at 11:00am Leave at 12:00ish
Café Sabor y Cultura
5625 Hollywood Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90028

Ride to:
Hollywood Sign/Lake Hollywood

Ends at:
NoHo Scooters
5144 Vineland Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91601

BBQ is generously provided from the gang at NoHo Scooters!!!
Mike is holding a Ms. Pacman tournament. Prizes will be awarded to the Top 3 gamers. This will be better than the King of Kong!!!

Saturday Night:
Meetup at 7:00pm Leave at 7:30ish
Café Sabor y Cultura
5625 Hollywood Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90028

Ride to:
Meetup with the Westside Scooter Club @ 8:30ish
Cock N Bull Pub
2947 Lincoln Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90405

Ends at:
The Untouchables Show
Harvelle’s
Redondo Beach Pier
100 “J” Fisherman’s Wharf
Redondo Beach CA 90277

Sunday Day:
Meetup at 11:00am Leave at 12:00ish
Café Sabor y Cultura
5625 Hollywood Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90028

Ends at:
Disneyland
1313 S Harbor Blvd
Anaheim CA 92802
rudegirl957

Post by rudegirl957 »

Hopefully the weather will stay nice next weekend. The beginning of the week is supposed to be cloudy!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

And free ModernBuddy pins/badges to all Buddy riders who attend the BBQ at NoHo Saturday.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
rudegirl957

Post by rudegirl957 »

Thank you Eric!!!
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

no fair... :(
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

KRUSTYburger wrote:no fair... :(
Ha—you'll be able to get the pins here eventually. Gotta make 'em!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

So, OF COURSE I skip tonight's ride to stay home and make buttons (nothing like waiting for the last minute) and my printer dies. I sent 'em to Kinko's and hope to have them for tomorrow's ride. If not, I'll provide "free buttons" vouchers to anyone who wants to give me their address so I can mail them.

Either way, hope to see a lot of Buddys tomorrow. (I'll be on a Vespa... trying out my new exhaust... :oops: )

And as I said, the buttons will be available here soon, too.
rudegirl957

Post by rudegirl957 »

Awww....you missed out on me riding a Buddy San Tropez...Luckily, I will be riding that tomorrow as well. Also, tomorrow, Big Ass Motors offered to do a support vehicle although I doubt that any of you guys will be needing it for your Buddies! :D By the way, thank you Eric for putting forth the time and effort to make buttons. Everyone has been very wonderful with making this weekender happen and I am grateful for all of the help that I have been receiving!
PasadenaSue

Post by PasadenaSue »

Ditto Rudegirl957's props to Eric. I rode my SI to NoHo for the BBQ and saw some of the 2008 models. Sweet! I like both the St. Tropez and the Pamplona. Lots of scooters and good fun. Eric came through with Buddy pins - a very nice present for proud Buddy owners. :D

Mike@NoHo has a Buddy with a sidecar! I didn't have a camera but it looked like fun. He also put a grey seat on the St. Tropez, which I think looks much nicer than the stock blue seat. That's half the fun of owning a scooter, playing with the color combinations and making your ride personal.

I was also impressed with the tread and profile of the new Maxxis whitewalls. Definitely my next purchase on my SI. They look way more substantial then

Thanks to Sunil and friends for the company on the ride back to Pasadena. It's a lot more fun to ride in a group of scooters. People do notice a gang/gaggle/band of scooters.

PasadenaSue
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Good to see you guys and meet some other Buddy riders and forum members.

For those who couldn't make it to the BBQ, I left a bunch of Buddy pins at NoHo. Stop by and get one!

And for those headed to Disneyland tomorrow: have fun! I'll be working. :(
Tazio

Post by Tazio »

Great ride yesterday! I also compared the size of the mirrors on my SI to the new 150's. The stalk is extended by about 2 Inches. Looks like another good modification as I can barely get a rear view and I'm skinny.

Thanks for the button Eric.

Today I'm riding with the group meeting at 1000 Oaks Vespa. David has some great deals on the 07 Vespas.
Sunil

Post by Sunil »

Fun Rally! Thanks to Noho for the BBQ, Thanks Eric for the pins! It was nice to meet and ride with you Sue!

Here are some pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/gp/25364524@N05/72z276