5000 -10000
No votes
10000+
No votes

Total votes: 8

Legend

How many miles on on your scooter?

Post by Legend »

I was wondering how reliable these scooters are and how much people really ride them...so...

How many miles on on your scooter and how long have you had it for?
"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it. "
Steve Irwin
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How many miles on on your scooter?

Post by illnoise »

Legend wrote:I was wondering how reliable these scooters are and how much people really ride them...so...

How many miles on on your scooter and how long have you had it for?
First, we have yet to standardize the "Blur Distance Unit," which will be necessary before we calculate how many miles we've gone.

I've ridden my blur a paltry 2400 or so BDUs in 1.5 years, (hey, I have OTHER scooters) (I rarely ride them either) which I estimate to be maybe 1000 or 1500 miles or so. But other folks definitely have me beat.

If you get through the break-in period allright, and ride it regularly, and maintain it properly (service at proper intervals, lay off the evel kneivel stuff) I think it's safe to say it'll last for many years. If there's something *really* wrong with a scooter, it usually surfaces soon. Some of those cheapo chinese scooters don't last a month.

Bb.
Last edited by illnoise on Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

True... what's a BDU worth? I'm sure each one is slightly different, you'd need to GPS track your own unit to be sure. I've even thought about upgrading my Rattler dash to a Motorcross unit, the ones a lot of guys use to convert a bike to a motard. Completely adjustable and has a tach on it. Only problem for me is it would officially make my bike TMU (true mileage unknown)... I'll hold off on that for a while I think.
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

I have the same problem, I have more than one scooter so I've only accumulated a few hundred miles on my Blur since I got it this summer. On the other hand, the Blur has been ridden on the Cannonball (scooter ride across the country), so it definitely can tough out some miles.

I'm no expert, but I've been told by those who might know better than the Blur is a very well-made scooter in its class. It does have that solidity and reliability that you can feel when you ride.

OK, my battery was dying on me because I didn't ride it enough - but that's not really the Blur's fault :-)
BoneGirl

Yippee!!

Post by BoneGirl »

Another milestone was hit today with 17,000 Buddy miles in 19 months. I am so jealous of those of you who live in areas where there's no snow and ice. Today, though, was gorgeous and I made sure I was out and about!

Blue_Blur

Post by Blue_Blur »

...mine is 20,639 km today. That translates to 12,899 miles to you guys back in the States. I ride mine EVERYDAY. My G-Max's Birthday is on the 10th of this month.