What do you do with your jacket?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Syd

What do you do with your jacket?

Post by Syd »

Here's some facts:
1. It was 85 yesterday in the Valley of the Sun.

2. My mesh jacket is cooler than no jacket at all.

3. Wearing a bulky, black, heavy riding jacket around when not actually riding is a bother. A bother almost to the point of not wearing it, though it hasn't gotten to that point yet.

What do you do? The jacket won't fit in the pet carrier, and I don't think it would fit in the topbox even if I did have it mounted.

What do you do? I'm thinking of carrying a cable lock and running it through the arms, but am open to other ideas.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
twharton

Post by twharton »

I have a corrazo and it will fit in the under seat compartment but not with my helmet too
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Same problem, no real solution. I can force my mesh jacket into the pet carrier but it bends the back pad a bit which can't be good.

Mine actually will fit in the top case but that's always full with my cover, lap apron, and rain jacket.

So I end up taking it off and carrying it most times, or I do the pet carrier thing and lock the helmet to the helmet hook. I only do that if I'm not going to be gone long though.
Christy

Post by Christy »

hook it thru the helmet lock? that wouldn't be good if you were gone for a very long time though.......

Mine fits in my top case just fine and since my helmet fits under my seat there's no space competition between them.
JNV

Jacket?

Post by JNV »

I strap mine to the scoot with bungee cords. But then again; I bought my jacket on sale and it was cheap so if it gets stolen it will just be a good excuse for me to buy the Corazzo mesh jacket.
redcass

Post by redcass »

The main issue with my (leather) jacket is the back armor. If I had to leave my jacket with the scoot, I'd probably take out the armor so the jacket would scrunch up and fit under the seat. Then I could leave the armor in my top case with my helmet.

How much armor is in your jacket?
RedCass
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

redcass wrote: If I had to leave my jacket with the scoot, I'd probably take out the armor so the jacket would scrunch up and fit under the seat. Then I could leave the armor in my top case with my helmet.
That's a good idea redcass... I need to see how easy it is to remove my backpad.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Step 1: Hooked upon one's right index finger (and middle if you prefer), casually flip jacket over shoulder of same side.

Step 2: Strut.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

:rofl:

Don't forget the head wobble !
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Depending on what type of jacket and what type of helmet you have, you might be able to partially stuff the jacket into the helmet and still have it fit under the seat. Otherwise if both jacket and helmet are too bulky to fit in there together, you could just leave the jacket in the case, and the helmet just clip the D ring around the stub of the seat. No one will steal the helmet unless they cut the strap, then they have a useless helmet.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Scooter wrote:Step 1: Hooked upon one's right index finger (and middle if you prefer), casually flip jacket over shoulder of same side.

Preferably wearing white high-waist polyester bell bottoms and whistling "Staying Alive"
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

I've thought about using a cable lock and running it through the arms and then using the jacket as a seat cover. White jacket on the seat during the summer months wouldn't be a bad idea I bet. Keep your arse cooler when you get back to ride. I'm shooting for saddle bags on my Blur, so hopefully that will allow room enough for my jacket in one of those. I don't know though, it's pretty big and the back pad is especially huge.
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com
AgentKestrel

Post by AgentKestrel »

Scooter wrote:Step 1: Hooked upon one's right index finger (and middle if you prefer), casually flip jacket over shoulder of same side.

This is my preferred method though I tend to swagger. I also tie it off at the waist at time. 8)
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Depending on what type of jacket and what type of helmet you have, you might be able to partially stuff the jacket into the helmet and still have it fit under the seat. Otherwise if both jacket and helmet are too bulky to fit in there together, you could just leave the jacket in the case, and the helmet just clip the D ring around the stub of the seat. No one will steal the helmet unless they cut the strap, then they have a useless helmet.
Agreed!
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

my mesh jacket is flexible enough i can usually fold it down into the underseat, but it is a little tight. as for my winter/leather jacket... it cannot be left unsupervised, it just gets carried around.
teacherquinn

Post by teacherquinn »

Either under the seat, cable-lock through the arms or I carry it. Depends where I'm going.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What do you do with your jacket?

Post by jrsjr »

Syd wrote:... and I don't think it would fit in the topbox even if I did have it mounted.
I'm not being sarcastic or wiseacre in any way when I say this. Based on all my experience, the best solution is a larger topcase, one big enough to hold your jacket and helmet at the same time. It'll make your scooter even more useful than it already is. Plus, if you get a Givi, you can wire up one of those light-kits which will make your scooter more visible from behind, which is always a good thing.
Syd

Re: What do you do with your jacket?

Post by Syd »

jrsjr wrote:I'm not being sarcastic or wiseacre in any way ...
No offence taken, John. I don't have the topcase mounted because I haven't needed the space enough to date to keep it mounted. And I don't like the way it looks on the scoot. O vanity!

And thanks all for the ideas. I guess I'll have to practice my swagger :D
The majority is always sane - Nessus