Info Needed to Register a Blur in NJ

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

charlie55

Info Needed to Register a Blur in NJ

Post by charlie55 »

Hi all:

New to the board, from NJ, and on the verge of getting a Blur from out-of-state. I've read of past difficulties in getting Genuine products through the DMV maze here in the Garden State, and I'd like to verify some stuff before proceeding:

1) Am I correct in assuming that the WMI (World Manufacturer's Index) code for these scoots is "RFV". This should be the first three letters of the VIN.

2) On the MSO, is the manufacturer listed as "Motive Power Industry Co Ltd"?

Any help you folks could provide would be greatly appreciated since I'd hate like hell to buy one of these beauties and then have to wrestle with the DMV for days and weeks on end.

Many thanks,

Charlie
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Info Needed to Register a Blur in NJ

Post by illnoise »

charlie55 wrote:1) Am I correct in assuming that the WMI (World Manufacturer's Index) code for these scoots is "RFV". This should be the first three letters of the VIN.
Yep!
charlie55 wrote:2) On the MSO, is the manufacturer listed as "Motive Power Industry Co Ltd"?
The bikes are without any doubt made by Motive Power Industry Co Ltd, (a.k.a. PGO), and I would assume that's what it'd say on the MSO, though the dealer usually handles that, so I never saw my MSO. The certificate of origin plate on the bike does say Motive Power, for what it's worth.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Thanks for the info. One less headache to deal with.

-Charlie
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

I was born and raised in NJ, and lived there the first 38 years (mostly).

There is no hope of getting through the NJ DMV unscathed, even if you're just there to renew your driver's license.

I can remember going 20 miles out of the way to a tiny little DMV on a backroad in Montclair, just because nobody knew it was there and so wasn't as crowded.

Good luck to you.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

This thing about New Jersey came up before and the whole gory mess is documented in excruciating detail in this thread. As I understand it, Genuine is aware of this now and they should handle it correctly, but you might want to be advised before you proceed.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Holy Crap !

I started readin that NJ post John linked and . . . wow! I was actually kind off laughing pretty hard so I had to stop myself. Certainly will need revisiting when I have more time.

At least it has a good ending !
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.