Who rides an Italia in West Seattle?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SarahScoot

Who rides an Italia in West Seattle?

Post by SarahScoot »

I was getting ready for work this morning and saw an Italia zoom by out my window, probably heading downtown. Just thought I'd pop in and see if it was someone from here! :)
scullyfu

Re: Who rides an Italia in West Seattle?

Post by scullyfu »

SarahScoot wrote:I was getting ready for work this morning and saw an Italia zoom by out my window, probably heading downtown. Just thought I'd pop in and see if it was someone from here! :)
i ride one, but i'm in ballard. :)
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
petunia

Post by petunia »

I'm in West Seattle but I ride a red one. Let us know if you get a Buddy... we need more in West Seattle!
SarahScoot

Post by SarahScoot »

Petunia: definitely! It looks like it will be by the beginning of May. I test drove one at Ducati of Seattle, and I think I'll go for the Pamplona, but not sure yet. Do you work downtown? If so, do you commute/which route do you take? I figure once I'm more comfortable I'll ride it into work (Belltown), but I don't know about going over the high bridge :?
Scullyfu: I love Ballard! That's all :)
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

sarah, you don't need to go over the west seattle bridge, go the low way, under it. you'll get to downtown just fine. i've done it a couple times, but don't know the exact street names and turns to tell you to take. maybe petunia can help you out. or just take a saturday and go for an adventure. good luck!
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
MaxPotter

Post by MaxPotter »

Hey, Sarah,

I used to live in West Seattle and I go over there from time to time to shop at Target. You don't want to go over that high bridge on a lightweight scooter. Between the wind, the buses, the trucks, and the cars going like bats out of hell you're truly taking your life into your hands.

Go over the low bridge, (stay in the left lane as you approach the high bridge onramp on Delridge). It's the bridge the bicyclists take into downtown. Once you're over the bridge you can take the left on E. Marginal Way South which will take you all the way into downtown (by the ferries). Piece of cake.

There can be big trucks around there, because of the container yards. Whether or not there is a lot of truck traffic depends on whether a ship is loading or unloading. If you find it kind of hairy, turn right on Hanford off of E. Marginal Way S. (where Seattle Pottery Supply is), and go to 1st Ave.