I want a new 2007 Blur.

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

vbl

I want a new 2007 Blur.

Post by vbl »

I'm in Chicago. What are my options? Luck?
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

First, welcome to Modern Buddy! Chicago, by an amazing coincidence, is the home of Genuine Scooters and their sister shop Scooterworks. If ever there were a place where you could find a Blur, Chicago should be it. "Illnoise," one of our moderators, and a Blur owner, is in Chicago, too. I hope he'll show up here soon. He should be able to help you with some specific info on getting hooked up with a Blur.

Again, welcome to Modern Buddy!
Last edited by jrsjr on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
vbl

Post by vbl »

jrsjr wrote:First, welcome to Modern Buddy! Chicago, by an amazing coincidence, is the home of Genuine Scooters and their sister shop Scooterworks. If ever there were a place where you could find a Blur, Chicago should be it. "Illnoise," one of our moderators, and a Blur owner, is in Chicago, too. I hope he'll show up here soon. He should be able to help you with some specific info on getting hooked up with a Blur.

Again, welcome to Modern Buddy!
You're hilarious - you invited me here from [unnamed forum]!

Here's hoping that someone can help me out. Otherwise I'll have to buy an Int'l and paint it :)
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

vbl wrote:Here's hoping that someone can help me out. Otherwise I'll have to buy an Int'l and paint it :)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I want a new 2007 Blur.

Post by illnoise »

vbl wrote:I'm in Chicago. What are my options? Luck?
Well, luck is on your side, because Genuine is in Chicago and I'm pretty sure they still have a warehouse full of them. Scooterworks on Damen is a shop run by the same people as Genuine, they might not have one out on the floor, but they should be able to set you up.

If you already tried there, and they told you they didn't have any, start calling dealers on their dealer list. If no one closer has one, try Scooterville in Minneapolis or POC in Cleveland, both are great dealers and have a large inventory.

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

Scooterworks has two listed on their website right now and word 'round the campfire is that any Genuine dealer can order '06 and '07 Blurs until rapture. I got mine at Scooterville in Minneapolis, the last one of the floor, but was assured that if that one sold before I could make the buy that they could get me one from Chicago no trouble at all. The '06 (orange) is a particularly good idea right now as you an get them for around $3100 or less out the door (taxes, tags, everything) depending on where you buy. If you get it in Chicago, chance are you won't pay freight charges either. Don't know about that for sure though.
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com
Spoooon

Post by Spoooon »

Hi everyone...this site was a big help before I took the plunge and got my Blur 3 weeks ago!

vbl, I'm in Chicago as well and went up to Scooterworks and tried to negotiate a bit, but they told me they actually have it a bit harder than other dealers as far as giving great deals...they were willing to cut me a pretty good deal on the 06 Blur, but I ended up getting a brand new 07 from Commonwealth Motorcycles in Louisville for $2900 which they couldn't match...drove down and back in a minivan 2 Saturdays ago and have LOVED breaking it in the past 3 weeks!
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Spoooon wrote:Hi everyone...this site was a big help before I took the plunge and got my Blur 3 weeks ago!
Spoooon wrote:I'm in Chicago as well...
Hey! are you on the Yahoogroups?
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CHIscooterList/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CHIscootEvents/
Spoooon wrote:...and went up to Scooterworks and tried to negotiate a bit, but they told me they actually have it a bit harder than other dealers as far as giving great deals...
I can see that, they're the "company store," and if they were discounting left and right, other dealers would have to match their prices, and no one would be selling at MSRP. But I bet you could still get some sort of discount on an '06, which everyone knows is cooler. : )
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.