buddy is gettin hot

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

weaseltamer

buddy is gettin hot

Post by weaseltamer »

Not quite finished yet, and these pictures are taken with an old camera phone, believe me when i say they look way better IRL. Even though the inspiration for this change was by new lt. blue leather jacket, i must brag they look pretty awesome.

i have some more decals still to do. I have ones for the wheel cover/bumper and the sides.
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

These are the finished decals, the colors in these two pics are the correct ones

Dibber

Post by Dibber »

Hay Weaseltamer, where did you get you flame decals. I like the ones you put on the front panel.
Bart "This is the worst day of my life!" Homer "No it's the worst day so far!"
www.twincitiesrider.com
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Blue fire is very hot, your scooter may melt! :P

Looks nice!
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

this is a surprising answer, but the decals were originally printed for kitchen aid mixers. They have a great variety of types of flames and a few others like cow spots. They claim they're printed on 5yr outdoor vinyl (for those of us who take a mixer camping and stuff??) but we'll just have to see how it holds up to weather. I probably wouldn't have put them on if i didn't have a garage for my scooty. here is the link to the auction i won on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=014

i did need to cut the larger one to get the different types i wanted for the body but it is about perfect size for the front.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

weird... I didn't realize there was such a demand for mixer flames.
I guess some people are ... umm ... :roll: ...'special' like that.
They look good on your scoot tho, especially the one over the front wheel. 8)
DouglasLive

Post by DouglasLive »

Mixer flames?! Now I've seen it all. :)
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Thanks for letting me know these were made for kitchenaid mixers, now I know how the famous alton brown has a flaming mixer! I always thought he custom painted it, but he ma actually have, but still.
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

Here are some full body shots finally. the blackberry takes pretty good pictures btw.

twharton

Post by twharton »

weaseltamer,

What do you think of the chrome foot pegs. I bought all the chrome accessories awhile ago. I had hoped the foot pegs would be more comfortable for any passengers but got a neutral on that but more important I found that they got in my way as a driver but was willing to deal with it. However...when other drivers were on it (Wife,daughter #1,daughter #2) they would not deal with it so I took them off.

Is that unique to my household? Thanks in advance.

Tom
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"
twharton

Post by twharton »

weaseltamer,

What do you think of the chrome foot pegs. I bought all the chrome accessories awhile ago. I had hoped the foot pegs would be more comfortable for any passengers but got a neutral on that but more important I found that they got in my way as a driver but was willing to deal with it. However...when other drivers were on it (Wife,daughter #1,daughter #2) they would not deal with it so I took them off.

Is that unique to my household? Thanks in advance.

Tom
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

no one rides my scooter but me. i would possibly let my dad or an uncle ride if they promised to be very very careful, but they are large fellows who could step around the pegs more easily than i do.

They are in my way a little bit when riding, (mostly when i would walk the bike a bit forward, like at a light) My passangers like them a lot, they can keep themselves from sliding into me on stops and keep thier own ass from a beating over railroad tracks and the like.

i like the way they look, and i'm not the type that could take them off and just put them back on when i had a passenger. I'm too disorganized/ spontaneous for that. (and its extra effort better spent elsewhere) so they stay.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

I love the flames! The bright blue looks so HOT (pun intended) with your scooter's color. Nice job, and thanks for posting. :D
ModBud #442
kilted texan

Post by kilted texan »

KRUSTYburger wrote:weird... I didn't realize there was such a demand for mixer flames.
I guess some people are ... umm ... :roll: ...'special' like that.
Go watch Good Eats on the Food network with Alton Brown. It will explain it all.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

kilted texan wrote:Go watch Good Eats on the Food network with Alton Brown. It will explain it all.
I don't watch TV. :| I find lots of other equally useless things to do.
kilted texan

Post by kilted texan »

I am a foodie dork. I cant get enough of good food & cooking techniques that I do not know.
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

while we're derailing, there is this drink site called extratasty.com All you do is add all the ingredients of you bar into a library and then it automatically tells you what drinks you can make. great for variety if you're running low on liquor.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Thanks, weaseltamer. That site is pretty cool. It is Friday, so I might have to try that after the kids are down.
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
rdpunltd

panel trim

Post by rdpunltd »

Really like the way the panel trim defines the different areas of the bike.