blur or buddy 125?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bmorebuddy

blur or buddy 125?

Post by bmorebuddy »

We have the Buddy 50 and we have decided to get another one so we can both ride. Has anyone seen the Blur or test driven it? And how much is it out the door. From what Im hearing is that it is a 150. Were thinking either the 125 Buddy, or the Blur. What do you think is a better value? We are very happy with our 50 by the way. Since the new scoot is for me I want somthing with a bit more power. Let me know if you have heard anything about the Blur ~ Cheers
MNBuddy

Review of Blur

Post by MNBuddy »

Here is a link to a review of the Blur

http://www.justgottascoot.com/blur.htm
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

Around here the Blur is ~$1k more OTD than the Buddy. It is very nicely equipped, but the styling does nothing for me. Just from looking them over, I think the Blur probably has better passenger accomidations than the Buddy. If you want to ride two-up, the best bet is to find a Blur and Buddy at the same place so you can both test-sit- or better, test ride- them at the same time for a direct comparison. Good luck!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The Blur's primary draw is that it hauls ass. If you're going to be riding along with a Buddy 50 most of the time, there's really no sense in getting a Blur. If you're happy with the Buddy 50 and comfortable riding and handling it, the 125 seems like the way to go.

On the other hand, you could ride a Blur and fall in love with it on its own merits...
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

I really dig my Buddy, but I've got serious Blur envy.

The suspension/brake setup on the Blur is killer, and the extra power would be nice.

That said, I don't particularly care for the Blur's styling -- but I could totally overlook that for the rest of its good points. :D
Huh? What just happened?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

AxeYrCat wrote:I really dig my Buddy, but I've got serious Blur envy.

The suspension/brake setup on the Blur is killer, and the extra power would be nice.

That said, I don't particularly care for the Blur's styling -- but I could totally overlook that for the rest of its good points. :D
Yeah, I pretty much agree on the styling. Really, anything that's not a full step-though seems like a scooter/motorcycle hybrid to me.
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

I loved the Buddy 125, but my wife wants to ride with me, and the footwells were not as comfy for the passenger as we had hoped. The Blur has fold out pegs that give the passenger a bit more comfort (especially for those who are bow-legged) ... so that is worth almost a $1K more, right?

Well, the Blur's seat is really nice too ... for one or two.

(In case you're wondering, those 2 items were NOT the reason I bought a Blur)

I thought I'd end up with a more retro-styled scooter, but really liked the look of the Blur (and don't really mind the orange stickers - Go Bengals!)

Sweet gas filler door, brakes, suspension and power were also part of the mix in my decision. Yes, I did just write that about the gas filler. It is a nice touch.

Just follow your heart, that's what I do (did). :P
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

Blaine - good for you! We'll have to ride together, all four of us. Welcome to scooterdom. You'll need to ride it to church on Sunday and park it with ours. Our goal is to eventually outnumber the Harleys.

Steve
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

Hey Steve,

That is a tall order, but with Seth's help, I think we will eventually outnumber the hogs!

I'm not bringing it this week, but will at some point.

My new agenda: ride the Blur by day .... check the Modern Buddy site by night!

Don't become a forum junkie! :shock:

Best regards,
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

Congrats.

I was at the dealer today for an oil change and they have a Blur out front. I sat on it for a second. Looks like it'd be a blast to ride. I was looking more for the classic look, but I think I'd sure love driving the piss out of the Blur.

Brian
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner Dottie, a REBEL.