Well, I didn't go Buddy *OR* Blur...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dru_

Well, I didn't go Buddy *OR* Blur...

Post by dru_ »

After a ton of research and a bunch of test rides. I finally picked up my long term scooter today. Ended up with a Kymco People 250. As much as I love the look of the Buddy, 125 wasn't enough oomph for where I'm riding. The Blur, is a _great_ scooter, but I had my wife with me and she's resisted the whole scooter thing until today. She decided to 2 up, and that sealed the deal. With both of us on there we need more juice.

So, I'm now the proud new owner of a Kymco :-). I'll still be lurking around though. Maybe I'll get the wife her own Buddy next spring. gotta get her out on her own now....
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Congrats on the new scoot. If I'd known the wife would become such a frequent passenger, I'd have gotten a 200 or 250. Now that she's got her Buddy, not such a problem. :D
buddylover

Post by buddylover »

congrats on the people 250. I like a lot about that bike (just not the name so much). What do you get for a top speed with 2 up? My wife and I can hit 60 2 up, so that probably means 55. I think the larger wheels on your people probably handle big bumps much better than the buddy.
dru_

Post by dru_ »

I'm still in the break in period, but I can comfortably maintain 65 with about 3/4 throttle with both of us on board (about 350lb total).