10gr Dr. Pulley Weights Installed

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jasonkoscho

10gr Dr. Pulley Weights Installed

Post by jasonkoscho »

I went from the stock weights to the 10gr weights last night. Noticeably different from the start.

- 0-48ish is about 2x as fast
- 48ish to 65 about 1.5x slower

I am able to still reach what I was before, which was about 70 BDUs, but it definatley takes a longer. It handles the hills as if they were a flat, its great.

Im also crusing at a much higher RPM - It sounds nice :)

Next - Windscreen and Exhaust.

Thanks!
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

Sounds like an ideal set for the city streets (=mostly lower speeds). I'd love to accelerate faster from a stop. Although, still kind of too bad it takes 150% more time to get the final 20mph or so. Choices, choices...
jasonkoscho

Weights

Post by jasonkoscho »

I had the same hesitation, Its a 5 minute change. So if you dont like it, go back to the stock.

If you do decide to put in new weights, you'll need a impact wrench and a compressor to remove the variator nut.
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

Are you so far 100% happy with your new configuration, or are you switching (back, or to new weights)?
jasonkoscho

Weights

Post by jasonkoscho »

Yeah, so far so good. Im pretty happy with them. I dont think i'll switch back. My top speed is noticeably less, but only be a few MPH; & I think the get-up-and-go is well worth it.

Im also going to replace the exhaust. When I removed it, it weighed a TON. Im guessing somewhere around 8 lbs. That will mos def help out.

Are you planning on getting new weights?
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

I think I'd maybe like to put on new weights after another 1000 miles or so (assuming it doesn't void any remaining warranty by then). I only have about 450 miles on mine, so not sure the engine's really opened up yet. I would like more giddyap on the low end, but hate to lose any more high end. Then again, I'm mostly in city traffic, so rarely go above 50mph or so anyway. Glad to see field reports of people modding their Blurs - if only we could get hooked up on some of those Taiwanese GMax parts :)
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

Glad to see field reports of people modding their Blurs - if only we could get hooked up on some of those Taiwanese GMax parts
Yeah, I'd love to get my hands on the 200cc motor - just lift the whole rear out of one of those and bolt it on to my Blur. Booya!
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

[quote="NathanielSalzman"]Yeah, I'd love to get my hands on the 200cc motor - just lift the whole rear out of one of those and bolt it on to my Blur. Booya![/quote

Rumor has it the 200 motor isn't worth the trouble/cost, and that's why they decided not to bring in the 200. And it looks like they're not making the 250 anymore, that wasn't a straight swap anyway.

I'd rather have the 4-valve 150, I bet that's what they bring in if they relaunch it, or maybe they're holding out for a 4-valve 200, or waiting for the price to come down on either.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
vbl

Post by vbl »

illnoise wrote:
NathanielSalzman wrote:Yeah, I'd love to get my hands on the 200cc motor - just lift the whole rear out of one of those and bolt it on to my Blur. Booya![/quote

Rumor has it the 200 motor isn't worth the trouble/cost, and that's why they decided not to bring in the 200. And it looks like they're not making the 250 anymore, that wasn't a straight swap anyway.

I'd rather have the 4-valve 150, I bet that's what they bring in if they relaunch it, or maybe they're holding out for a 4-valve 200, or waiting for the price to come down on either.

Bb.
4-valve, liquid cooled. <3
itcardoc

weights

Post by itcardoc »

Hey there, don't forget you can go the other way to 15gram Dr. Pulley weights. I found the engine revved too high under normal acceleration like I was stuck in second gear and needed to upshift. I don't feel I have lost any lower speed acceleration and higher speeds and cruising 45 etc. is much better with lower rpm. -Kevin
If anything can go wrong ... it will!