Any significant differences for the '07s?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

streetlightpoet

Any significant differences for the '07s?

Post by streetlightpoet »

So I just got from requesting a quote from my local dealer. He told me a 125 would need to be ordered (none in stock) and would take between 7 days and 8 weeks to get in. He said that after registration/freight/prep/etc. I'd be looking at $2875 out the door. I mentioned to him that I could get one in cinci (about 90 minutes away) for ~$2725, he said that his was the '07 instead of the '06. My question is, are the '07s out yet? and if so, what differences are there?
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

I believe your local dealer is straight-up wrong.
Huh? What just happened?
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

Since the 2006's have only been on the market a few months, I can't imagine how someone could be selling an '07 model already. Tell him to put down the crack pipe... still, the ~$100 you might save with the other dealer would evaporate when you consider the time and cost to travel there and back.
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

vitaminC wrote:Since the 2006's have only been on the market a few months, I can't imagine how someone could be selling an '07 model already. Tell him to put down the crack pipe... still, the ~$100 you might save with the other dealer would evaporate when you consider the time and cost to travel there and back.

:rofl: I haven't heard that for a looooong time!!!
James Tate

Post by James Tate »

I paid $2860 for mine at Metro Scooter in Cincinnati, and according to them the price is haggle-free (non-negotiable). I would recommend getting one from a local dealer, if you won't get hosed, to establish a relationship with them and have a good place to go for service. I could have driven to Dayton or Columbus and maybe saved a couple of bucks, but having a good relationship with a good local dealer is worth a bit extra.
lou76

Post by lou76 »

it seems to me that the variance in price just depends on how many that particular dealer can sell, crossed with how much they think they can push the profit margin... i ran into the same thing between a dealer here and in another town(the other town being cheaper), but the dealer in my town threw in a free lock, and that did it for me...
Dave R
Dealer

Post by Dave R »

state sales tax rates vary as well as license fees... Hard to compare OTD numbers.
Ducati Seattle/Genuine Scooters Seattle is now on Facebook at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Genuine-S ... 555?ref=ts
Please become a fan
streetlightpoet

Post by streetlightpoet »

vitaminC wrote:Since the 2006's have only been on the market a few months, I can't imagine how someone could be selling an '07 model already. Tell him to put down the crack pipe... still, the ~$100 you might save with the other dealer would evaporate when you consider the time and cost to travel there and back.
That's what I was thinking as I left the store, that dealer has always seemed shady to me. They just picked up Genuine and the other brands they carry are Strada and Roketa, none of their mechanics have any formal training, and unfortunately aren't any worse than the other scooter shop in town. :roll: