Performance parts?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jfrost2

Performance parts?

Post by jfrost2 »

I may be getting a 2007 blur soon and I was curious if there were any performance parts that will fit or work with the blur, I've seen so many asian gmax's with performance upgrades that make the bike go faster even for 150cc, curious if there are any available in the USA.

I remember seeing a Prima prototype pipe for the blur, but that was months ago, and it seems they dont sell it anywhere yet, is it possible to obtain?

Also, 1 more thing, my friend is a big engine junky, he rebuilts cars/scooter engines as a hobby, he claim's he could place a larger carb on the blur and make the thing run even faster, but I'm not sure how it would work or fit on, I'm not that smart when it comes to mechanics and such, so any input would be appreciated.
maxG

Re: Performance parts?

Post by maxG »

Also, 1 more thing, my friend is a big engine junky, he rebuilts cars/scooter engines as a hobby, he claim's he could place a larger carb on the blur and make the thing run even faster, but I'm not sure how it would work or fit on, I'm not that smart when it comes to mechanics and such, so any input would be appreciated.

the blur/gmax engine were specifically designed to provide more torque/acceleration...and once you past 100kmh..it will struggle just to reach the top end of 120-125kmh...[depending on the riders weight]

if you really want a better top end, go for a bigger bore[up to 61mm is possible], high ratio gearing[vs. sacrificing acceleration], bigger carb ie: OKO brand, roller weights adjustments[dr. pulley if its available], performance front pulley and performance exhaust...

installing a racing cam might be detrimental since it is more designed for acceleration rather than top end

changing the carb gives you a small amount of power but top end wont change [and you have to adjust the rollers and jetting in case its needed]..and higher gas consumption

OR...

buy yourself a 250cc gmax [ or a 250cc blur if theres one in the making]..which you dont have to buy these performance parts....
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I've been looking for your exhaust everywhere online, but no one here in the USA sells it, even google.com cant find any shops that sell it online.

The only exhaust I can find for the blur/gmax here in the US is the MRP, but even that, many people say MRP makes sketchy quality pipes, others will say it works great, so I am clueless where to go.

EDIT: many of the parts you listed, I cant find online, like the bore kit, I have no clue where to purchase one.
maxG

Post by maxG »

there are lots in asia that sells gmax 150 performance parts

shame, theres none in the us

if the 200cc or the 250cc becomes a reality there...it would be best to just buy one of those...saves you the trouble of looking for performance parts

i heard 200cc can do 130kmh on stock set up
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I found a 61mm bore kit for "All 150cc scooters" but it was made in china, and it being made universal, I was skeptical about it.
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

id just stick with stock its way fast enough 65+mph is really moven on 13in wheels. if you really want something faster ya might look in to maxi scooters 250cc and up . you starting to mess with cheap china import parts your asking for problems
maxG

Post by maxG »

jfrost2 wrote:I found a 61mm bore kit for "All 150cc scooters" but it was made in china, and it being made universal, I was skeptical about it.
speaking from experience...it would be best to buy performance parts in person..

FSN , team world industries makes performance parts for gmax and are taiwan based
GY6Stroker

Post by GY6Stroker »

Check these performance pipes:
Attachments
Oval Race Pipe2.jpg
Oval Race Pipe2.jpg (29.98 KiB) Viewed 948 times
Tri-Oval Pipe1.jpg
Tri-Oval Pipe1.jpg (28.42 KiB) Viewed 948 times
Pipe2.jpg
Pipe2.jpg (35.33 KiB) Viewed 948 times
Pipe1.jpg
Pipe1.jpg (35.74 KiB) Viewed 948 times