Darn the luck...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

hermitgirl

Darn the luck...

Post by hermitgirl »

I had firmly resolved to not name my Buddy until I felt fully comfortable riding it. (Yes, I'm still a little nervous) I kept away from naming threads, refused to consider its gender, and pushed every thought of monikers from my head.

This afternoon I was cleaning my place, when my Buddy went and named himself. It happened so fast, and was not a name I would have even considered, that I stamped my foot and shouted, "Darn you... Montgomery!"

So, Montgomery, the orangey Buddy is smugly pleased to make your acquaintance, I'm sure.

As for me, I'm Ann. :) Recently moved to the Bay Area, and head over heels for California. Lurked here until this morning, since Montgomery wasn't in my posession until last night. Here we are though, and eagerly learning more and more each post.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Ha, good name. Don't think there are a lot of scoots named Montgomery out there. Are you going to call it Monty for short and Montgomery when you're mad at it?

I've had my scoot for a year and have yet to name it.
lou76

Post by lou76 »

man, montgomery is a FINE name... that is exactly the sort of situation that a name for a mode of transportation should come about.... i had a car named lori once, because she had a certain personality, and, well, her name was obviously lori... that s what came out when i started talking to her....