Weights/rollers or whatever they are called!

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Smellybumlove

Weights/rollers or whatever they are called!

Post by Smellybumlove »

hi,

just bought myself a rattler 110 (or as its called here in taiwan pgo pmx110).

its a 2001 model and has been stripped down to the metal and rebuilt, its white and black and looks quite honestly stunning!.

anyway my question is this, basically here in taiwan they restrict the mopeds take off speed with those weight things, now i changed mine from 20g to 14g, its a lot quicker and tops out at 50-55mph, now its still lacking on initial accelration and i feel the top speed is still a little low, back ion the uk our 50cc mopeds used to hit 60mph easy.

so can anyone give me some advice on the weights, i am installing 13g as we speak, but i feel maybe it should be maybe lighter???

oh yeah and im 80kgs in case my weight has anything to do with it!.

thanks in advance

oh and anyone know of any after market tuning parts?
BGK

Re: Weights/rollers or whatever they are called!

Post by BGK »

I think the memory of 60mph easy on a 50cc automatic scooter is a bit skewed by the years. Kitted/tuned, yes. Stock, no. Even the highest performing geared, liquid cooled 50cc bikes like the aprilia rs50 barely get to 60 on a good day. Lighter weights should help with initial acceleration but will sacrifice top speed, and possibly some 15-30 mph pull. the 110 should do about 60 mph indicated (maybe a bit more but in reality it's probably a few less than indicated). If you lost 5 mph on the top end you probably went a little too low on the rollers. Going down in 1 g per weight increments is more well advised. Lots of experimentation is required as each riders weight and style is different.
Smellybumlove

Post by Smellybumlove »

ok so its not a simple one weight fits all then.......

well there was a dramtic improvment when i went from 20g to 14g, gonna keep going down until i found the fastest.

now what about that spring on the transmission, how will the weight of that effect my moped?.

do i also need to rejet with these mods, as i noticed it sounded a little rough on take off when i changed the rollers.
brimstone

Post by brimstone »

hi and congrats. you can do a "search" of the forums and find a ton of info on different combinations that people run/suggest for the 110.
Smellybumlove

Post by Smellybumlove »

hi,

yeah i did but there must be some serious differences between the usa version as i have tried so many weights.

i did 20g, 14g, 12g,9g and a mixture of them all and so far the best one has been 12g which i am using now.

problem is after about an hour of riding it seems to have lost its snap from the line again and feels the same as before, as if the clutch is slipping or something?
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Stock in the USA is 9g weights. Scooterworks reccomends 10g with their pipe and contra spring. I'm trying a combination that works out to 8.25g. The 10s just didn't feel right to me and going with 6.5s felt terrible too. I've got 3 x 6.5 and 3 x 10 in there. Once I get the right weight I'm going to switch to the sliders.
EZPZ #65