First post, few questions

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jim_0068

First post, few questions

Post by jim_0068 »

Hello All

I'm interested in finding a good deal on a Blur. I currently have a cheapy chinese scoot and while it's fun to a point, some of the constant tickering is annoying and i'm looking for something that is more reliable. I live in Chicago and saw a Blur on the road today, looked like so i did a little research (i'm an analyst by profession).

The blur seems to be exactly what i want but i don't know what the differences are in the model years. So that's question #1, what is the difference in the 2006 to 2007 model years?

Since i live in Chicago and from the little searching i've done on this site, it seems like Scooterworks isn't going to be the best place for me to find a deal on a Blur since they are the one of the main dealers; so question #2 is: Should i look out of state to find a good deal?

Question #3, if i do buy out of state will Scooterworks honor the warranty.

Question #4, how is the reliability of these scoots for everyday start up and general running? I would be sharing this scoot with my g/f and want something that i don't want to worry about her having to tinker with the idle.

Question #5, what would be a good OTD price on a Blur? I'd really like to it to be under or right at $3000 tops, this way i could sell my current to offset the price some.

Thanks for your help and looking foward to possibly getting a new scoot :)
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Hi Jim and welcome to the board.
1.- The only difference from 2006 to 2007 is the color scheme

2.- I will let the Chicago folks answer that. Based on what I have heard, Scooterworks does not give much of a deal as it is the Company store.

3.- The warranty is carried by Genuine, not the dealer. It is valid on any dealership.

4.- based on the Blur owner's comments, reliability is top notch. PGO, which manufactures the Blur is know for very good quality. One of the owners did the Cannonball 2006 on a Blur (coast to coast run on 9 days). The only thing that showed some wear was his butt :D

5.- I think it might be hard to be under $3,000. More realistic would be $3,200 to $3,600 depending on the dealer. If you call every dealer, you might find the best price in the USA, but you would have to have it shipped to you at a cost of $400-500.

Godd luck. If you get a Blur, you will not be dissapointed and you will not have to tinker anymore.
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

Just wanted to second what EP_scoot said. It's a great machine and PGO is renowned for its reliability. I upgraded from a '79 Vespa for a lot of the same reasons you're describing (reliability, tinker need, etc) and could seriously not be happier with my Blur. It rides the way a scooter should. It's worth every penny, seriously.
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com
jim_0068

Post by jim_0068 »

Thanks for the replys so far. However for the difference between the 06 and 07 blurs I thought I read the 07's had a more accurate speedo? Is that correct? Are there any other small differences like that?
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

jim_0068 wrote:Thanks for the replys so far. However for the difference between the 06 and 07 blurs I thought I read the 07's had a more accurate speedo? Is that correct? Are there any other small differences like that?
I've read that too, but can't verify it. The speedo is pretty accurate on the '06 Blur, it's the odometer that counts in mystery units. But also be aware that "accurate scooter speedometer" is kind of a contradiction in terms. They're all optimistic, it just varies by how much.
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

I thought I read the 07's had a more accurate speedo?
HA, HA, HA ! ! !

You better not go there. Speedometers, odometers, fuel gauges and such on scooters are known to be reliably unreliable regardless of the scooter you get. It is one of those misteries of the Universe. No one knows the reason or how to fix it, you just accept it and move on. It is part of life riding a scooter :D
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Metro scooter quoted me

2007 blur: $2700 plus tax OTD

2006 Blur: $2600 plus tax OTD

All that included prep, shipping, delivery, and title.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Small thing, but another difference between an 06 and 07 are the handlebar grips and bar ends. The 07 parts look more like those on a sport bike.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

jfrost2 wrote:Metro scooter quoted me

2007 blur: $2700 plus tax OTD

2006 Blur: $2600 plus tax OTD

All that included prep, shipping, delivery, and title.
Good thing I don't live anywhere near Metro Scooter! :twisted: Seriously, that would be hard to turn down if you were thinking about a Blur...