Clock stopped working

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

tempalte

Clock stopped working

Post by tempalte »

I left the key on one night and the battery went dead. After a few days of kickstarting the thing, I charged the battery.

It starts fine now, but my clock won't come on. I haven't gone through and checked the fuses yet, but I wouldn't think I blew one. Anyone else had the clock stop working after a dead battery?

thanks
chad
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

you'd think the clock'd have its own battery, but looking at the wiring diagram, it appears to be part of the system... I don't see any obvious reasons for it to conk out...

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

The LCD screen my be damaged, it shouldn't be from losing all power, but I think a large hit to it, or a fried circuit may have damaged the screen or wiring of the screen itself.
tempalte

Post by tempalte »

jfrost2 wrote:The LCD screen my be damaged, it shouldn't be from losing all power, but I think a large hit to it, or a fried circuit may have damaged the screen or wiring of the screen itself.
Come to think of it, it quit working after I tried to jump start it with my car charger. I hope I didn't fry it. I guess I need to check and see if there is a fuse that may have blown.
itcardoc

clock

Post by itcardoc »

I am guessing you might have had the charger on high and the voltage surge was just too much for a delicate lcd device to take. Any time you hook a charger up, you want to make sure it is off first and then bring the amps up slowly. Good luck...-Kevin
If anything can go wrong ... it will!
Christy

Post by Christy »

dude! you've got a clock?

i wish. I bought one of those tiny Formotion ones. I love it, but if I could have chosen, it would have been built into the console.
tempalte

Post by tempalte »

Well I checked the fuses. I only found two of them, just behind the battery.

They both were fine. So it looks like I fried the LCD when I tried to jumpstart it.

Its amazing how much I miss the little clock now that it is gone. Guess I'll just have to stick a new one on.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Dealer can fix it or order a new one and pop it in.
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

Christy wrote:dude! you've got a clock?

i wish. I bought one of those tiny Formotion ones. I love it, but if I could have chosen, it would have been built into the console.
Yeah but you get that nifty little cubby dash storage on the Buddy. It'd take that over the clock on my Blur any day.
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com