Reflective Tape Art!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bwilms

Reflective Tape Art!

Post by bwilms »

Inspired by BoneGirl's mudflap reflective tape, I decided to put a little safety tape on my own Buddy:

If you're curious how I did it...

I created and printed an outline of the image/text using Photoshop. On the print out, I taped down the reflective tape over the printed area and ran it through the printer again. This gave me an outline on the reflective tape. From there I took a straight edge and a cutting board and cut them out. Finally I (carefully) place them on the mudflap.

I also put a little scooter and some dashes on the back of my helmet:

But this was before I got artsy, so I might redo the helmet with something a little more interesting.
buddylover

Post by buddylover »

Where did you buy the white reflective tape? Can I get it online?
bwilms

Post by bwilms »

buddylover wrote:Where did you buy the white reflective tape? Can I get it online?
The tape I used is Duck Reflective Tape. It says white on the packaging, but is more silver in color. I bought it at Wal-Mart in the automotive section. It cost about $2.00.

I imagine you can find it online somewhere, though I don't know of any stores specifically. A Froogle search brings back numerouse results.
BoneGirl

Post by BoneGirl »

That is a riot! I just got back from the Columbus Rally and took the red tape off my topcase and replaced it with the white reflective tape. Put our Club letters in the center with red reflective letters. I'll include a picture later. This is really something I recommend since there's nothing reflective on the topcase. It sits up high and hides most of the reflective piping on the back of my jacket so I'm pretty happy now I'll be seen. :)
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

These folks have more reflective tapes than you can shake a stick at: Identi-Tape.

When I used to ride with all black leathers, I got some sew-on tape from them to add some visibility to my gear. They have all sorts of neat stuff! 8)
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

These folks have more reflective tapes than you can shake a stick at
I'll say! Thanks a million for the link. That is a helluva site. I was at it for 2 minutes and my mind must have had 20 ideas pop in there!

I can't wait to figure out exactly what I want to do and get cooking on it!
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner Dottie, a REBEL.