Anyone riding theirs?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mattgordon

Anyone riding theirs?

Post by mattgordon »

I'm approaching 700 miles. Anyone else riding theirs? I have a couple things cropping up with some miles, but still love that little Rattler...
bolora

Post by bolora »

I too am wondering who is still riding a rattler. I haven't seen mine since the engine seized up about 2 months ago with a little over 1500 miles on it. It's been in the shop since and they haven't received any parts for it.
mattgordon

Which scooter seized?

Post by mattgordon »

Are you talking Rattler, or Buddy as your sig. says? Either way, that sucks. Please clarify and best wishes on a speedy...rebuild.
bolora

Post by bolora »

I have a buddy and a rattler 110. The buddy is running really nicely but the rattler gave me a lot of trouble.
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

bolora wrote:I have a buddy and a rattler 110. The buddy is running really nicely but the rattler gave me a lot of trouble.
Wow! Sorry to hear that. What types of problems (besides seized engine?) have you had?
bolora

Post by bolora »

Mostly engine problems. It would randomly shut off and die every now and then. Usually after I fill it up. It would also leak gas out of a canister after I filled it up. It might have been from over filling it. It's been so long ago I don't really remember if I had any other problems.
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

bolora wrote:Mostly engine problems. It would randomly shut off and die every now and then. Usually after I fill it up. It would also leak gas out of a canister after I filled it up. It might have been from over filling it. It's been so long ago I don't really remember if I had any other problems.
I had a Vespa ET4 do many of those same things, and after 658 miles of torture, I "convinced" my dealer to replace the scooter, which he begrudgingly did and the replacement one been fine ever since.

I hope it all gets worked out to your satisfaction. Please keep us posted, and best of luck.
bolora

Post by bolora »

Yeah, I hope it doesn't take to much longer. I will keep you updated.
bolora

Post by bolora »

Quick update on my situation. I finally got my Rattler back from the shop a few weeks ago. The Engine was repaired and is now running really good, although I have to break it in again it's good. Everything was replaced under warranty.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Don't top off you tank so much in the future. The dripping gas thing and the stalling out are both caused by over filling the tank. There's topics here and at yahoo group genuinerattler that talk about that :wink:
EZPZ #65
bolora

Post by bolora »

Yeah I don't over fill it anymore. I also found out the scooter doesn't like ipone oil. I filled it up with that and it would die out after warming up. I am using motul 710 now.