Pensacola Scooter Club!!!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KRUSTYburger

Pensacola Scooter Club!!!

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I live in Pensacola, FL and as far as I can tell, there hasn't been a single scooter here until the last few years... so far since last year I've seen about five or six people riding scooters (including myself & my dad). So I don't know if there already is a club & I don't know about it or if we need to set one up. I saw somewhere online that there is supposedly a "infidels sc", in P'Cola, but I couldn't find a website or anything... Plus we were thinking kind of an all-inclusive family-type club. So we were trying to come up with a name, here's some ideas so far:

scoot scoot RIOT!

Boot Scootin' Boogie

The Windbreakers

SunState Scooter Gang

PumpMisers

Hot Buzz

Palm Benders

Scootermites

1st Cylinder Scooter Crew

Wingdingers

Scootinanny

Scat Cat Scooter Crew

I know most of them are pretty cheesy :P
I'll leave it open to suggestions of course, let me know what you think.
We were thinking maybe something piratey or something that has to do
with local beach culture or something? I dunno, YOU TELL ME! :D
Last edited by KRUSTYburger on Wed May 07, 2008 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

The Scooter Bums?

Surf & Scoot Scooter Club?

Hot to Trot Scooter Club?

I just wish I had your weather right now ! Man this winter is dragging on forever :x
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Check out the South East Florida Scooters group on Yahoo!.

Depsite their name, it's pretty much an all-Florida group... I think I've seen some riders from around you posting on it.
twharton

Post by twharton »

KRUSTY!!!!

Dude, Brother, Neighbor....

SCOOTER JIHAD

It's ordained. We don't want to offend but we will prevail. Resistance is futile. Maybe we could communicate with the Vulcan Scooter Sect but we will always prevail because we have higher power on our side and even more important...we have a tan and ride in paradise.

Or maybe G.C.S.J. (Gulf Coast Scooter Jihad)

Have your people call my people. Lets do this.

Tom
Gulf Breeze, FL
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"
HollyEQQ

Pensacola scooters!

Post by HollyEQQ »

Hiya!

I am looking to get a scooter and the Buddy just calls my name.
HELP! Where can I buy a scooter nearby? I am leary of the online thing and of course was immediately lured by the Lance Vintage and similar scoots but after a little research realized that was too cheap to be true.

So point me in the right direction. Plus, where would one go to get repairs?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Holly in East Hill
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Hey, Holly! Truth is, there isn't a place in town that sells them. I had my Bud shipped to me from Solano Cycle in St. Augustine (they also have a location in Gainesville). Their prices are decent even when adding shipping! There is always Big Easy Scooters in N.O. that's a bit closer...

As far as service goes, I take my Bud to Retro Cycle Works in Fairhope. They are a low volume Harley shop that picked up the Buddy to see how it would sell. When they went to order more, Genuine wanted them to buy WAY too many up front, so they didn't. They have a very small shop and don't sell many bikes, I guess they make their rent off labor and such. Anyways, they are still considered a dealer and can even do warranty work. It is a nice ride over there too! (see post in gallery under Weekend Challenge)

I'm not sure what there prices are for services as I do oil changes myself and have yet to need any repairs. I took my Bud there for it's 500 mile "inspection" which is necessary to maintain the warranty and they did it free since it only took a few minutes and he couldn't find anything wrong with it. Hope this helps, maybe thwarton knows something I don't.

I just checked the dealer list on the Genuine website and Pensacola Motorsports is on there... I know they didn't sell Buddys when I was shopping there a few weeks ago, but I know the scooter guy there was REALLY interested in mine. Maybe they will start carrying them (I hope)! There is also a new one in Tallahassee I've never seen before. Sorry this is so long!

HOPE TO SEE YOU SCOOTIN' 'ROUND TOWN!
:mrgreen:
twharton

Post by twharton »

Krusty,

Just saw your reply to Holly and ref to Pensacola Motorsports and....HURRAY!

Jim Evans, the owner is a quality guy and client of mine. I met with him on Friday on a business matter and had NO idea. In addition to purchasing 2 waverunners from them (didn't know him then) in 2001 + my AGV full face helmet last year I got nothing but positive vibes and good experiences with this shop and store. I know there was no Genuine stock in there yesterday. I will float the idea of maybe offering his shop as a rallying point for an mini local ride and scooter open house. He/They could get some interest and possible sales and be involved in the birth of an all scooter makes and models welcome Scooter Club in Pee Cola. What do you think? I'll willingly float the idea. I've got enthusiasm even if I've got nothing else!

Tom
twharton
Northwest, FL
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

RIGHT ON! That's exciting. It will be sweet to finally have some group riding goin' on down here... P'cola Motorsport (we call them PMS) would definitely be an optimal place for a meet up for me, I live about a MINUTE AWAY FROM THEM! They are really cool folks. My dad ordered his Helix through them and we go there for all our safety equipment needs.

I don't know if you know the scooter guy (I don't remember his name :oops: , I just always call him the "scooter guy"), he's the bigger bald guy with the grey goatee. He would definitely be down with this idea... rides his metropolitan from Ensley whenever he doesn't have to drop the kids off at school. I asked him about a local club and he wanted to call it scooter army... eh, it's ALRIGHT I guess. He is always asking me when I come in "when are you gonna sell me that Buddy? It's the KING OF SCOOTERS!". Yeah, I know it's the king, go buy your own! I need to ride up there and let him hear the Stebel. Then he will REALLY be jealous!

I know there is someone else in town with a dark blue metro and someone with a silver C3. I LOVE THE C3!!! Wish they had one with higher cc. Anyways, there is also a blue and silver scoot I can't really tell what kind it is, but I see it around here a lot. There are definitely enough folks in town to do it if we can get the word out... More people are buying scoots every day! This is gonna be BOSS!!! :mrgreen:
HollyEQQ

Post by HollyEQQ »

You guys are awesome!

I am heading down to Gainesville for surgery - sooner hopefully than later so I am probably going to hold off until I can actually sit on a Genuine.
I am so excited I want one right this very very second but reality says wait til I can see if I fit! I am almost 6 ft tall and well, wide, so I want to make sure it is a comfortable fit as I plan to ride it most days to work.

I am so excited - this is the first vehicle I have been exited to purchase in a long long time. I am usually the girl who says my car just gets me from point A to point B. I have a feeling I will find all kinds of reasons to go to the 12 st Market after I get my scooter.
Woohoo.

BTW, There is a girl who rides a white scooter in East Hill. She hasn't slowed down enough for me to check out the brand but if I see her I am going to wave her down and find out!

Let me know about meeting because although I couldn't ride, I would love to see the different types of scooters in person.

Thanks for your help and if you come up with anything else that might help - HOLLER. I am so new I feel like I have so much to learn.
Thanks
Holly
twharton

Post by twharton »

So nice to meet you virtually Holly.

You will find lots of help here. I am exactly 6 feet tall and believe you will find the Buddy very comfortable and yes you will find the flimsiest of reasons to get on your scooter.

I lived in North Hill for years and now live in Gulf Breeze. Take your time building confidence. It was about 3 months before I was willing to ride on 98 and across the bridge. I'll go anywhere now and hope to ride cross country in the next few years. Anyway all I worry about is everybody else on the road. My heightened awareness on two wheels has made me a better rider and driver.

Wow I'm rambling, too much coffee and too early. I did talk to Pensacola Motorsports yesterday to confirm that they ARE a Genuine Dealer and now waiting on inventory. Props to Krusty for mining that gem on information.

Ciao!
twharton
Northwest, FL
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

you Pensacola peeps know Eric "Elvis" Jones? He used to run East Hill CD but it looks like the site is down, so maybe it's not around anymore. I haven't heard from him for a while, I dunno what he's up to, or even if he's still in P'cola, but he was a great guy and into scooters and he seemed to know a lot of other scooterists in the area, if the shop is still there, might be worth stopping by and saying hi.

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

GREAT NEWS ABOUT PMS!!! (lol) Seriously, I'll have to go talk to them... I can't believe it, I won't have to drive an hour and a half to get maintenance! This is probably bad because now I will be buying stuff I don't need all the time!!! :x DOH!

Illnoise,
Never heard of that CD shop, I found it in the phone book tho, so I assume they are still open. I may swing by there some time & check it out. I don't really ever get CDs now that I get free MP3s off Limewire!!! Anyhow, here's the number if you want to find out if "Elvis" Jones still works there:

(850)432-1200

Also the address if anyone around wants to stop by so you don't have to look it up: 2509 N. 12th Ave.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Here's whats up PENSACOLAAAAA!!!!

I talked to the scooter dude @ P'cola motorsports and he is definitely down with this. He still wants to call it "scooter army" which is not that great, but if he would be willing to head it up/organize meets, I'll let him name it whatever the heck he wants! I'm talking to a guy on the Honda Helix Discussion Board who is here in town and wants to join.

Everyone is very busy, so it will probably be a monthly thing, maybe we can work up to every other week? That would be cool... He said we can meet there and go out for food or ice cream or donuts or something and plan local rides. Be sure to tell anyone you know who has a scoot and lives or works in the area! ALL KINDS OF SCOOTERS WELCOME!!! I'm really excited, I hope we can get organized and hook this up.
HollyEQQ

license?

Post by HollyEQQ »

Hi guys,

I have one more question.... ok, well maybe more than one, but one today.

What are the Escambia County laws on Scooters/ Motorcycle licensure?

Will I need a motorcycle license to drive a 150? I remember reading somewhere that you don't need one for the 50? Was that accurate?
Is the Motorcycle test difficult? Is it worth it to pay the extra to get the 150? I see where a lot of folks are upgrading, so I am assuming it is better to go big (or go home?). Or is it just a luxury? It will postpone my purchase if I wait to get the 150 but if it is necessary, I will do the right thing. I am not looking for speed, just want to RIDE!

:)
I can't wait to meet up - have we set a date?
Thanks
Holly
kilted texan

Post by kilted texan »

I like Pee-Cola SC or PCSC. You could start with the Coke logo & just turn the red to yellow...:mrgreen:

Unless you want to get all "YOU GOTTA PAY DUES TO HANG WITH US!!!" just get a group together & have fun.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

You could keep it simple and just set up a page on Scooter Meetup. You post your rides there and what not and the cost is minimum for what I understand.
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Holly, here's my experience: If you live in Pensacola, I suggest you get a 125. It is PLENTY fast and I don't think you need the extra power of the 150 since we don't have many hills (unless you just like the 150). If you are already planning to get the super-loud horn and whitewalls and such, the 150 would probably be worth the extra cash.

The 50cc does not require a motorcycle license to drive, just a regular car license. HOWEVER, people here like to drive fast, even on most of the non-highway streets a 45mph top speed might not cut it... I don't remember what area you said you live in, but you may have some nicer places to drive than I do. What streets do you travel most often? Will you be driving to work everyday or just for fun?

The motorcycle test is pretty easy, especially if you get this certain guy... the black chick does not ride and is very strict and un-informative. Otherwise, everyone is suggesting to take the MSF course. I haven't done this, but I'd like to if they weren't so expensive!

We haven't settled on dates/times yet for the meetings... The only time I have off consistantly is Friday morning until 4:00pm. I can arrange a certain day off each week as long as I tell them in advance. What are everyone else's schedules? My job is pretty tolerant about days off since my class times change each semester. My dad's days off change every week, so his attendance will most likely be left entirely up to chance.

Anyone interested in riding, please let me know if there is a specific day
that you would prefer, that way we can start figuring this out! :D

Hope this is helpful. ~Cheryl
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

So I talked to Jimmy "Fats" Smith up at Pensacola Motorsport and we'll be having our first Scooter meet-up on MAY 31st!!! HOORAY! Yes, he still wants to call it "scooter army", but I told him everyone has different ideas and maybe we should all take a vote...

SO WRITE THIS DOWN ON YOUR CALENDARS NOW
& MAKE SURE YOU'RE SCHEDULE IS CLEAR:

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Meet at PMS at 11:00am

We ride out at noon!

Plan on going to the Dairy Queen on Scenic Hwy for lunch/icecream.

We'll ride back to PMS together or if you want you can go your separate way from DQ.

***ALL SCOOTER MAKES, MODELS, & SIZES WELCOME!!!***

If you have any questions, contact Jimmy Smith from Pensacola Motorsports at:

PHONE: (850)456-6655 or EMAIL: fats1932@cox.net

Hope you see you there!!! ~Cheryl :mrgreen:
HollyEQQ

Info and Accident

Post by HollyEQQ »

Krusty -
thanks so much for the extra info on which engine ... I am off to PMS tonight to take a test ride or two! Woohooo. I am not buying today but I am getting closer with the money so I want to give myself an incentive. Plus I need to decide between the Buddy and the Stella.... strictly a physical thing for me because I like them both. Want to see which one fits.

I live in East Hill... so speed isn't a problem for me at all. But I am also a big girl, which worries me with the smaller engine. I plan to have my scoot last a long long while and I am afraid I may over tax it due to my size. I work 3 miles from my house so I plan to ride it EVERYWHERE except the beach. I just don't think I have enough balls to go across two bridges.. at least not for a while!
Plus, I will need to keep the car for flooding days or when the Greyhound wants a ride. I asked him about the scooter and he replied "over my dead body". hehhhee

Did you see about this scooter death? Was it anyone ya'll know?
http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/search/s ... UwxQ1Z.xml

Also appears some idiot was dragging his puppy behind his scooter in Destin? Argghh.
Poor dog.

When I called PMS today they said he had over 30 calls today of people wanting to buy scooters! I guess Channel 3 ran a program about how it saves great on gas and how cheap they are... so he has been fielding a bunch of calls. I have seen a bunch of new riders around this past week with beautiful scooters.

Thanks for your help. I am getting so close I am over being excited now! I just want my scooter! Maybe by the end of the month I can swing it!!!

Hope you are well.
Holly
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I hadn't heard of that accident... It doesn't give much info on the crash at all. Why the guy ran into him, whether or not he was wearing gear, no details about what happened. :(

Anyways, I can't blame you for being anxious to get your scoot! I had mine shipped and the guys at the freight company were probably getting annoyed cuz I kept calling them like every hour to see if it had come in yet... I went & picked it up as soon as they opened and it came straight off the truck into my dad's trailer. Ah, memories...

Definitely a good idea to sit on them. I've sat on both and the Stella fits me much better... Too bad they are 2-stroke manual transmissions and they cost a grand more. Otherwise it would be no contest. Still waiting for them to come out with a 150/200cc Yamaha C3 so I can buy it. They have an '07 sunset orange and an '08 seafoam green Buddy right now, and the Stella is baby blue. They said they should also be getting one of each of the Internationals soon. Hope you get scootin' by the time we have our first ride! :mrgreen:

If you tell them I told you about their scooters, they might even give me some discounts there! maybe... Don't feel obligated by any means, I'm just sayin' if it comes up... *nudge*nudge* :wink: :wink:

~Cheryl
HollyEQQ

nudge nudge

Post by HollyEQQ »

No worries - if I end up purchasing my scoot from them I will be swinging from the rafters hollerin' your name!

hehhe - no really, will do. Business is business. :)

I noticed the article was particularly vague. I wondered about that myself. I am definitely interested to hear more. It is kind of a bad sign that the day I plan to go test ride my first scooter, there is a scooter death. The fact that they were so vague but listed names makes me think there is an investigation.

Again, thanks for all your help. I know everyone here understands the excitement I feel. I talk to my friends and they just look at me funny like I am sliding off the deep end. If ONE MORE person tells me to buy a nice Toyota Prius , I will flip out. I don't want a car, thank you very much, although that is a fine hybrid. My piece of crap is fine.

I want a RIDE.
Thanks
Holly
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Hey, that article (if you can even call it that) was written August 20, 2007. Not that it makes it any less disturbing, but less of a daunting omen...

Also, when people tell you to get a Prius, make sure they know that for the cost of it, you could get TEN Buddies, and TWICE the mpgs, not to mention the FUN-ness and COOL-ness factors! :wink:
HollyEQQ

Post by HollyEQQ »

EXACTLY.

I can't wait. Truly, I am soooo ready to have my scooter NOW.
But, seeing as this is a big purchase, I am trying to be responsible and do the right thing.
But man, that Stella was screaching my name at PMS. Luckily, there was no seafoam. Since I can't afford the Stella, I am really thinking about the Yamaha Vino or the Honda Metro.

Any reason why PMS has prices that are 500 dollars higher than listed prices? Do they negotiate?

BTW, I was standing at the counter showing what looked to be the service manager that the website lists NO scooters. They didn't believe me. Anyway, I explained that had I not found ya'll and been re-directed to them, I would have never known they had scoots and would have gone to Tallahasee. So I used the opportunity and threw in your name just for good measure!
Holly
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Hey thanks! I wouldn't have known they sell scooters if I didn't go up there all the time, they don't advertise at all. The seafoam was gone cuz Dennis BOUGHT IT! He posted his purchase here on the forum... I also noticed their prices seemed a bit high, so I don't know if they're including all the prep and registration in that. If not, you should let them know that their prices are higher than others, and at the very least you should get them to throw in a helmet and cover...

So you don't like the 2007 orange? Fats said they are getting all three of the 2-tones in soon! But lay off the Pamplona, or you might start a fight (since he has been eye-balling that scoot for a while). I looked into the Vino and Metro too, 50cc is not enough power to be safe here IMO. They have a Vino 125, unless they sold it... it has different look than the 50 and something about it I don't like quite as much. Get what you like!

I know I'd LOVE the Stella, but I couldn't really afford it either. Plus I don't know how to shift, so it would be just another thing to concentrate on and distract me from the road. Woah, this post is getting really long, sorry. :roll:
HollyEQQ

Post by HollyEQQ »

No worries on the long posts - I tend to lean that way myself. I am so excited, I have lots to say and I totally appreciate your input!

So I still can't decide. One minute, I think just get the Buddy in the Seafoam (it is back) and then the next, I think get the Vino or the C3 which I am not visually as in love with but it was comfortable for me and the size of my derrier.... plus the storage.... so the never ending scooter question - go for the pretty or the one that "fits" best?
Still not sure! But I have decided to wait until they get a few more in. They seem to be selling off the leftovers right now plus they said they are getting the Honda's in and I would like to sit on one of those too.

So you brought up my next question - 50 or 125? I seem to change my mind daily on that question too. I am so indecisive about this.... grrrrr.
But I just have a sneaky idea I will want the 125 as soon as I get used to the 50... so might as well get the bigger engine up front. Based on what I plan to drive, I shouldn't NEED more than the 50 but will I want it????

See why I still am scooterless? I keep talking myself out of it. But, in the meantime I am saving more money so maybe I will be able to get the Stella after all! And they probably will have the auto Stella by then too!!!
I am such a baby.
Holly
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

HollyEQQ wrote:But I just have a sneaky idea I will want the 125 as soon as I get used to the 50... so might as well get the bigger engine up front. Based on what I plan to drive, I shouldn't NEED more than the 50 but will I want it????
You hit the nail on the head. A lot of people buy 50s based on what sort of riding they think they'll be doing. What you'll find is that you'll want to ride farther, more often, and inevitably faster. Sure, a lot of people own 50s and are quite happy with them. But if the 125 is in your range, go for it. It's not any more difficult to learn on than the 50s. If I had known when I bought my first scoot how much I'd be riding and how often i'd have a passenger, I probably would have splurged and gotten a 200 instead of a 150. So it goes!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Bump! Don't forget: 2 weeks left! :mrgreen:
HollyEQQ

Post by HollyEQQ »

I can't wait to meet ya'll and see all the cool scoots. I will still be in a cage probably... deciding on a 125 is slowing things down a bit... but it will be wonderful to see all the different folks and say hi!
Thanks!
Holly
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Holly, Glad to see you are still coming even though you don't have your scoot yet... My parents & I rode up to the Dairy Queen last week just for the heck of it since we'd never actually been there before. On the way home we rode around east hill area for a while off 12th and that is some nice riding for sure. You live somewhere in there right? Anyways, I'm not sure what route Jimmy has planned.

I stopped by PMS today on my way home from the bank and they JUST got in a shipment of 2 Pamp's, 2 St.T's and an Italia... They took me out back where they were hooking one of the Pamplonas up with front & rear wicker basket. It looks really good. The St. Tropez were still in the boxes, but he let me sneak a peak anyway. I told him it would be rad to get a Tropez and switch the grips out with red and white ones and have a red and white seat. That would be the ULTIMATE! That was the first time I'd seen either of them IRL. He said they already sold one of the Pamp's and a tangerine that they were holding in the back putting temps on! I assume he told the buyers about our ride next Saturday. I also told him to tell people interested in Buds about MB, so hopefully they'll join.

Also met a couple of older gents one with a Helix and I don't remember what the other dude said he had, but I think they're gonna try to come too! Plus they got another sales guy (I don't think he's really new, I just hadn't ever met him). He let some customer trade-in a generic chinese scoot as a sort of down-payment for a better one... Later everyone was hassling him about how they couldn't sell it since they had no way to get parts or anything, so he just bought it. He seems pretty cool, although kinda hyper-active, and I think he'll be joining us as well. Looks like we'll have a decent amount of folks!!! :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, that baby blue Stella is still there... CALLING MY NAME!!!
They put it out in the front window to boot!

Sorry this post is so long!

P.S. Hey Dennis, do you think you'll be able to make it? I'm curious to see which scoot you ride. 8)
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

P.S. Hey Dennis, do you think you'll be able to make it? I'm curious to see which scoot you ride.
Want to, but it all depends on Boy Scout troop function Saturday morning. If it runs long, won't be there. If not, probably Pam and I both will be there. We'll see.

I might ride my Helix with a big FOR SALE sign on it. I like it and hate to sell it, but it just doesn't get ridden enough to warrant keeping it. Oh, by the way, keep your hands off of the Stella! I might end up getting one. I didn't see it today when I was there. Jimmy told me about the Buddy's out back and we went and looked also. He said 4 are sold already. I like the Italia, but the Stella keeps calling.

Pam's windshield came in today and we ordered the black rack and color matched top box.

Buddy fever!

Dennis
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I'm just giving this a lil *BUMP* around all the forums I can since it's THIS SATURDAY!!! Don't worry if you don't know anyone, half of us have never even met! It should be lots of fun just to see how many people in the area ride scooters... I'm seeing more and more every day! :mrgreen:

KRUSTYburger wrote:So I talked to Jimmy "Fats" Smith up at Pensacola Motorsport and we'll be having our first Scooter meet-up on MAY 31st!!! HOORAY! Yes, he still wants to call it "scooter army", but I told him everyone has different ideas and maybe we should all take a vote...

SO WRITE THIS DOWN ON YOUR CALENDARS NOW
& MAKE SURE YOU'RE SCHEDULE IS CLEAR:

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Meet at PMS at 11:00am

We ride out at noon!

Plan on going to the Dairy Queen on Scenic Hwy for lunch/icecream.

We'll ride back to PMS together or if you want you can go your separate way from DQ.

***ALL SCOOTER MAKES, MODELS, & SIZES WELCOME!!!***

If you have any questions, contact Jimmy Smith from Pensacola Motorsports at:

PHONE: (850)456-6655 or EMAIL: fats1932@cox.net

Hope you see you there!!! ~Cheryl :mrgreen:
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Yay, scout function over. I showed up yesterday! Right day, wrong week! Jimmy laughed! My son and I rode anyway. Went to DQ on Scenic, passed someone riding 2up going the other way on Scenic on same color Helix. Was that your M&D? Rode across the bay on Interstate and turned around at the Redfish Point Bridge. The toll is up to $3.50 and dumps you into heavy traffic on hwy 98 on a holiday weekend. Avalon was almost empty. Turned around and headed back to the interstate, back across the bay onto Scenic and home. Very nice ride, looking forward to next week.

Dennis
ScootScoot

Post by ScootScoot »

I'd come if it wasn't quite so far away! Hopefully I'll get a chance to come meet everyone at some point.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Cool, scootscoot! The more the merrier!!! I'd think they'd have more scooterly functions in Tallanasty rather than here anyways... Big college town and lots of nice places to ride! Very clean and well maintained compared to Pensacola. Well, I guess it IS the capitol of FL and all... I wish peeps around here were more conscious of the amount of crud they throw out their car windows, SHEESH!

Dennis, that WAS the 'rents!!! They told me they waved at some motorcycle with a really bright headlight then as they were passing they noticed it was a RED HELIX! They got really excited... not sure if it was you, but now I can tell them it was. That's funny you got the dates mixed up, sounds like something I would do. :roll: Anyways, glad to see you were able to ride anyways! Does this mean you'll be able to make NEXT week?! That would be cool.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

So do you have some kind of headlight upgrade on that Helix or is it stock? That is the first thing my dad noticed, but his is really bright too...

Seriously, in real life I don't talk this much I promise... I'm actually really quiet. :oops: I'm just excited.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

You know, "Pensacola Scooter Posse" has a nice ring to it...just kinda came to me.... :?:
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

You know, "Pensacola Scooter Posse" has a nice ring to it...just kinda came to me....
Thanks for the idea. We should have a brainstorming session and award a free something to the winner. Either a new scooter or a bag of Skittles.

"Five Flags Scooter Club"
"Western Gate Scooter Alliance"
"White Sands Scooter Pooters"
"Northwest Florida Two Wheel Terrors"
"Gulf Coast International Scooter Association"
"Pensacola Bay Area Scooter Club" (Now my personal fav)
"Surf and Sun Scooters"
"Scooter Touring Association of The World"
"Pensacola Bay Area Scoot Travelers" Let's travel!
"Pine Tree Travelers"
"Satan's Flatlanders"
"CVTs From Hell" (Ok, its 5am and no coffee yet.)
"Gulf Coast Twist and Go "
"Pensacola Environmental Travelers' Association"
"Town and Country Two Wheel Travelers"
"Wild Scootering Bone Crunchers of the Southland"
"Filthy Nasty Scootering Dumpster Divers Association for the Preservation and Respect of Reasonable Environmentally Conscious Transportation Or Die, Incorporated"
"Cool Dudes and Dudettes on Scooters"
Need a newsletter.
Need a meeting place.
Need a secretary.
Need a tour planner.
Need a ride director.
Need a AAAARRRGHHH!!!! :goofy: MUST------ GET-------- COFFEE!

So do you have some kind of headlight upgrade on that Helix or is it stock? That is the first thing my dad noticed, but his is really bright too...
I always run my bright light during the day and save my low beam for night riding. We rode about 50 miles and it was enjoyable. Topped out at 71mph coming off the east end of the I10 bridge with 330lbs of humanoid flesh aboard. The old Helix is running well. Next Saturday looks good for riding. Its the last weekend before leaving for summer camp so should be free.

My son fell in love with the Rattler 110 Saturday. Jimmy started up the one on the floor and the 2 cycle "ring-ding-ding" hooked him! Several Buddys there and my Stella - patiently awaiting my return. I can see the time coming in the near future when all four family members will be on their own scooters.

Dennis
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I like "Wild Scootering Bone Crunchers of the Southland"... maybe bone crushers instead of crunchers. eh, either way I like it.

As far as a Newsletter goes, I'm not so sure how that works out. We could make our own group website or just pick a forum and all of us join so we can keep in contact. We already have a ride director, Jimmy (at least he is for this ride) and a meeting place (PMS). I guess right now I'm sorta secretarying or whatever... You wanna be tour planner? I'm assuming we'll make a list of everyone and their contact info when we meet up this weekend. I agree we should come up with a list of decent names to present to Jimmy and hopefully "Scooter Army" will not be on that list. :roll:

I joined a couple more groups to post our ride on and have already gotten replies! I can't believe how many scooterists we have in town hungry for some group-rideage!!! I'm thinking we're gonna have a substantial amount of people! There is a dark metallic grey Schwinn that I've seen up at work, but still don't know who that is. I think it's a Newport. I also saw a light metallic sort of mint green scoot the other day... it was too far away to tell what kind. I guess we need to make business cards for our club after we come up with a name... I'll do the logo!!! :mrgreen:
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

twharton, haven't heard from you in a while... are you gonna be there? I'm trying to figure out how many folks are coming.
whaleyf

Post by whaleyf »

I use to ride with the guy and his buddies from the CD Shop. Nice group of people but they always road late at night due to work.

My name is freda and I have a Vespa GT200. After going on a scooter ride with the Pride Of Cleveland group in Cleveland Ohio I got to see a lot of diffrent scooters. I knew I needed to upgrade to a bigger scooter when I moved to cantonment. I had a Vino. Okay if you want to put put around town but that's all it's good for. So I made a down payment and waited for the first GT's to come over the pond to us. Drove to New Orleans to pick it up. I love my bike. Will do over 80 and rides the interstate like a dream. And I still have the classic look.

I'll be there on Saturday. I can't wait to go on the ride and meet everyone.

Hope to see ya all there.
HollyEQQ

Post by HollyEQQ »

Dennis,

Arriving on the wrong day is sooooo something I would do! Thanks for the scout ride. I sure think you should "donate" one of your bikes for the PRIZE! Or we could just go with skittles.

I am kinda leaning with Pensacola Scooter Posse (PCP)! It has a nice ring.

I can't wait. I have seen 7 different scoots lately in East Hill. They are multiplying like bunnies! I think it is because it is such a great place to ride. I am so jealous.
The funniest thing happened the other night. It was super late and I was on my porch and I heard a scoot coming down the street. Low and behold it stopped right in front of my house. So OF COURSE I walked out (nightie and all) to say hello and offer assistance. Apparently he was going over a big bump and hit the kill switch by mistake. So we ended up talking for a bit. He drove a chinese make and had no problems so far.... good on him. It was fun to sit and talk scootering with a live body after he realized I wasn't a nutter . I think it was fated that he killed his engine right in front of my house!

Has anyone seen the super sweet Vespa in Gulf Breeze? I saw it at Ageaen Breeze a few weeks ago. Sweet ride for sure.

See ya Saturday. I will be the girl that is rideless and oohhhing and ahhhhing over all the pretty scooters.
Holly
PamplonaLady

How was the ride on 5/31?

Post by PamplonaLady »

I wasn't able to make the ride, but I don't see that anyone has posted how it went. Let us know.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Pamplona Lady, Welcome! I posted in the gallery since it is mostly photos.... (Here's the link)
whaleyf

Post by whaleyf »

It was a blast. Over 20 Scooters and lots of sun. Can't wait to do it again.
HollyEQQ

Post by HollyEQQ »

Grrrrrr.... it looks freakin' awesome. AWESOME.
I am so jealous. And so many pretty scoots to see!

I have pneumonia and have been trying to get better so I could come but then Saturday I just collapsed. I was all dressed and ready and just couldn't do it.

THEN - THEN - Every scooter in town went down my road on Saturday. I swear. It was like scooter torture!

Today I went to the beach for a bit to get some fresh air in my lungs and saw 5 scoots there! Anybody know if the are they renting them out there now?

Well, as much as I am sad that I missed you- I am thrilled there is a pensacola Scooter Army so I can join the fun.
I was with you in spirit as I thought of ya'll all day long.

Soon. Soon.
Holly
whaleyf

Post by whaleyf »

I have pneumonia
I'm so sorry and hope you are feeling better soon. I'm glad you got to see us out riding. Great site to see us, that's for sure.
twharton

Dissed ? No just clueless....

Post by twharton »

KRUSTYburger and all who went riding on Saturday....

So I needed a spare fuse for one of my waverunners so Saturday morning I hop on my PX-150 as I rode my Buddy for about 20 miles last night, to make the scoot across Pensacola Bay. Just perfect riding weather I might add.

So I arrive and see the owner, Jim Evans, whom I know from business, and check out the inventory and ask about the scooter salesman and am told, Oh about 40 all went on that ride......WTF!!!! :cry:

Is it my breath, my posts, the fact that I've been busy and haven't checked the forum for about 6 weeks. All during the ride back I'm thinking ....'not even KRUSTYburger emailed me or pm'd me...." :cry:

Heartbroken I went windsurfing on Saturday and Waverunners on Sunday...I dealt with it...and then looked at the forum this morning and see KRUSTY's shout out to me on 5/26. I don't know you yet girlfriend but thanks for the love and know you got it back. I hate it that I missed it. I'll be better about checking and please whoever add my email, twharton@mchsi.com, to the list. I'll contribute with my body and $$.

Krusty...knowing you're lusting after that Stella I'll gladly let you try out my Vespa PX-150 Stella clone sometime.

I want to hear about the ride. You know the stretch of road between Pensacola Beach and Navarre Beach will be open soon! Also the Shoreline Park Boat Launch (near the recreation center in Gulf Breeze) has picnic tables and a pavilion we could reserve....+ it's two blocks from my house :)

Next time I'll be there and hate it that I couldn't justify feeling sorry for myself. :P
twharton
Northwest, FL
charltons

Post by charltons »

KRUSTYburger wrote:Hey, Holly! Truth is, there isn't a place in town that sells them. I had my Bud shipped to me from Solano Cycle in St. Augustine (they also have a location in Gainesville). Their prices are decent even when adding shipping! There is always Big Easy Scooters in N.O. that's a bit closer...

:
i can vouch for Solano. we bought both our scoots from their store in St. Augustine and have been very happy both times. We haven't had to use their service dept yet, though.
" You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought " - Leia
whaleyf

Post by whaleyf »

I saw several buddies and a stella for sell at Pensacola Motor Sports while we were there.

I'm really sorry you missed the ride. I'd still be upset. (I can be a turd when it comes to that) I wasn't on any list. Was looking for the local Pensacola Vespa dealership here in Pensacola. Instead of typing in vespa I had typed in Vespa Pensacola and it brought up the "modern Vespa" discussion list with the talk about the ride. Talk about clicking on the right thing at the right time. wow.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Yeah, we didn't have any list... I was just throwing the info out there wherever I could to let everyone know. Now we have a list (at least of the ones that came Saturday) and we can stay more informed. Next time I'll still post it in all the same forums and hopefully others will know of new places to advertise... I'd say we had a pretty good turn-out considering the limited resources. I'm gonna email Jimmy about what he thinks the next ride should be.