Spare parts

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

itcardoc

Spare parts

Post by itcardoc »

Lets see 1st you can't get the right size Maxxis or any other brand front 120/60x13 tire anywhere on the planet. 2nd, you can't get the proper size belt 812 20 28 9.5 anywhere (custom made for PGO????). Now how about paper element air filters and brake pads?? What gives?? -Kevin
If anything can go wrong ... it will!
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

You have checked with the dealer and they have told you those items are not available?
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

All:

I feel kinda responsible for all of this spare parts controversy (via the thread I started on belt availability), and I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

For the most part, I was only asking a hypothetical based upon the apparent non-availability of the belt from a 3rd-party supplier. As I later found out (directly from Genuine) the part is stocked and should be available. I posted a message to that effect in that thread.

Once again, sorry if I gave anyone the jitters.

One question that I still have, however, is how much wiggle room is there with belts in terms of circumference, top width, and side angle. Would a couple of mils more make a big difference, and what would be the effect of a couple of degrees more or less?

Regards,

Charlie
itcardoc

belts

Post by itcardoc »

I second that question about the belts. Anyone have any idea or info on the belt angles, widthes and lengths, and what will/will not work? -Kevin
If anything can go wrong ... it will!
bs318is11

Post by bs318is11 »

All i know is that i just ordered a new belt from Pride of Cleveland Scooters. I was told that all parts are available for the Blur. I was also told that the Blur would be imported every other year due to low demand. Thats a good thing and means we should be able to feel comfortable about the parts supply!!! :lol:
voodoosix

Post by voodoosix »

bs318is11 wrote: I was also told that the Blur would be imported every other year
that's very interesting (good news), we should try to get a confirmation on that.

'08 Tomos Nitro