Noob Getting New Buddy. Suggestions?

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

riancurtis

Noob Getting New Buddy. Suggestions?

Post by riancurtis »

I am picking up my 2008 Buddy 125 in Black on Saturday morning.
Aside from riding it, does anyone have any tips or suggestions for things I should do before anything else. It will be my first scooter ever (I normally ride my bicycle - http://flickr.com/photos/riancurtis/157 ... 370286961/) so advise on ANYTHING about the buddy that a new owner should know would be appreciated.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Dont ride it until you take the MSF, alot of people have had "accidents" because they thought riding a scooter was like riding a bike.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

congratulations!
have fun!
Ride like no one else can see you (because they probably wont)
Post up some photos in the gallery
I have only had my Rattler for under 2 weeks but I spent the first week riding the side streets - under 30mph - just to get comfortable - It seemed like a good idea to me.
riancurtis

good advice for myself

Post by riancurtis »

dont accidently post this in the scooter gallery :)
reposting now!
loser here.
Scooterpup

Re: Noob Getting New Buddy. Suggestions?

Post by Scooterpup »

riancurtis wrote:I am picking up my 2008 Buddy 125 in Black on Saturday morning.
Aside from riding it, does anyone have any tips or suggestions for things I should do before anything else. It will be my first scooter ever (I normally ride my bicycle - http://flickr.com/photos/riancurtis/157 ... 370286961/) so advise on ANYTHING about the buddy that a new owner should know would be appreciated.
Remember that this thing really moves when you need it too, but can also stop on a dime. That means your front brake can make you go ass-over-teakettle if you grab the front brake hard. Practice making safe stops at increasing speeds and make sure you really feel where the center of gravity lies.

Always wear a helmet. This point was really driven home to me and others when my brother on his scoot met the back end of a toyota at speed. The helmet he was wearing kept his head from being a pile of goo.

Remember to have loads of fun. The buddy is one sweet ride.
Bark, Bark, Bark!!