Poor poor scooter : (

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lynnie_86

Poor poor scooter : (

Post by lynnie_86 »

Wow. I am amazing.

I didn't even have the Blur for 2 hours and have already tipped it over.
So, we are sitting in the driveway, getting ready for a trip to Blockbuster, and i turn on the Blur, attempt to kick up the kickstand, and in the process hit the throttle...lurching the blur forward. I proceed to fall off in slow motion and the blur tumbles to the ground...all to my shock and dismay. HOW DO I DO IT? I am a MAGICIAN! I tried blaming it on my boyfriend, saying he was in the way...didn't work though!
jim_0068

Post by jim_0068 »

This should teach you to take the blur off the stand first then start it. But don't worry, i don't think there's a motorcycle or scooter rider on earth who hasn't accidentally laid down their machine. Happens to the best of us. Don't believe someone if they say they haven't at some point either :)
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

It was going to get scratched up sooner or later. : )

I backed my car into the garage door frame three days after I bought it and put a little dent in the side that wasn't worth repairing. It happens. We just can't have nice things.

Bb
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

OK, I'll add my experience to The Wall of Shame ! :D

Back in time 20 years ago, taking delivery of my new Yamaha SRX 600. The foot pegs on it where about 6 inches further back that the Cagiva I had up to that point.

The bike is on the side stand. It was a kick start, not electronic ignition. I climb, pull the lever out, give it a good kick and to my surprise the bike launches forward and we both topple down with still ZERO miles on it !. :shock:

Turned out that I had placed my left foot in my usual position (as in my previous bike) except that on the Yamaha that meant I stepped on the gear lever pushing it down to first gear ! That kick, with the gear engaged, moved the bike a few inches forward enough to come off the side stand and take us both down. Tiny scratch on the mirror, but huge bruise on my ego in front of about 6 people watching me ! :cry:

After years in therapy, I can laugh now. :D

Shit happens ! Best bumper sticker ever made.
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
lynnie_86

Post by lynnie_86 »

HAHAHA! thanks ep scoot....i don't feel so bad now! :D

are you off anderson lakes, we saw a blur about a week ago turning off the parkway?

I am just NOT graceful, and haven't ridden anything with two wheels since my pedal bike..it was doomed to happen.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Yes, I am. I always have a rde Corazzo 5.0 and silver helmet. Next time stop me and say hi ! :D
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
beelzebubbles

Re: Poor poor scooter : (

Post by beelzebubbles »

lynnie_86 wrote:Wow. I am amazing.

I didn't even have the Blur for 2 hours and have already tipped it over.
So, we are sitting in the driveway, getting ready for a trip to Blockbuster, and i turn on the Blur, attempt to kick up the kickstand, and in the process hit the throttle...lurching the blur forward. I proceed to fall off in slow motion and the blur tumbles to the ground...all to my shock and dismay. HOW DO I DO IT? I am a MAGICIAN! I tried blaming it on my boyfriend, saying he was in the way...didn't work though!
That's OK, I think the Blur actually looks better with a few scratches - a Blur is not like a Vespa with all those nice fancy colors - it's a scooter for road warriors :)