Some countries have all the luck...

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

babblefish

Some countries have all the luck...

Post by babblefish »

Sure wish someone would import these into the U.S. :cry:
Why can't we get some decent sports scooters! Guess I should be happy that we at least have the G-Max/Blur. :D But then, Europe and Asia are always first to get the latest and/or best go-fast scoots/bikes. Anyone know how to gray-market scoots into the U.S.?

EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Why can't we get some decent sports scooters!
Well, because they don't sell well here. The Blur being the perfect example (which BTW looks like a brother of the Peugeot and Derbi ones).

Sport scoots are an evolution of the world of scooters. After people have had their Vespas and such for a while then they start asking for more performance. There is also a HUGE following to Moto GP all over the world, but here. Specially in Europe. Rossi does not ride around the paddock on a Vespa, he has some type of sport scoot . . . that the kids will want to buy.

Give it a few years. If the scooting industry continues growing like it is, it will just evolve into that as people will start asking for them.

As far as grey market . . . unless you really want to spend lots of time/cash, not worth it. But, you can chek to see if Binky still has this one for sale: http://scooter.meetup.com/225/messages/2724741/
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I know a kid who owns that very bike, he modded it with parts from his go kart, now his 50cc bike goes 90mph and gets 60mpg.

It's like a crotch rocket but on a scooter.

except he just recked the bike

babblefish

Post by babblefish »

EP_scoot wrote: Sport scoots are an evolution of the world of scooters. After people have had their Vespas and such for a while then they start asking for more performance. There is also a HUGE following to Moto GP all over the world, but here. Specially in Europe. Rossi does not ride around the paddock on a Vespa, he has some type of sport scoot . . . that the kids will want to buy.

Give it a few years. If the scooting industry continues growing like it is, it will just evolve into that as people will start asking for them.
Except that sports scooters aren't new. I remember seeing them in Hong Kong in the late 80's and riding them in Taiwan in the early 90's. All I want is something that handles as well as my 750 Suzuki, has good brakes and is fast enough to get out of it's own way and looks good doing it. In other words, I want a sports car, not a Model-T. I suppose two-wheeled transportation has been the main stay in Asia (and Europe, for that matter) for much longer than the U.S. Guess I'm just more into the finer nuances of Moto GP and Formula One than old scooters and NASCAR. :roll: :D