Bigger Windshield

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bicyclerider

Bigger Windshield

Post by bicyclerider »

I have the regular 'smoked' blur windshield now....
wondering if anyone has seen other versions or done a mod on theirs?

if mine was just a bit taller and slightly wider, it would be really nice.

Gas Check - Columbus, Ohio - $3.69
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

I have to admit, I'm not sure if there's too much effect with this Blur windscreen. I had a medium screen for both my old Vespa GT and BV500, and the effects were definitely noticeable (for one thing, I could actually tuck my head behind the screen with those). I guess the Blur windscreen looks pretty cool, but I'll take functional over pretty any day. Does anyone else feel like the screen works better for them?

One thing nice about the Blur screen - you don't have to take the whole screen off if your mirror gets loose and you need to tighten it again. I just loosened one side of the screen with an allen wrench, and bent the screen just enough to let the mirror through while screwing it back in.
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

The windshield on my Blur has made a HUGE difference. Not as much as the windshield on my P200E did, but for a more real world example: I used to top out around 65 mph on flat road (I'm a pretty big guy), and now I can get above 70. I can also feel a pretty marked difference in acceleration - as now my torso has been taken out of the aerodynamics equation. I do think though, that were the windshield angled up a bit more, it'd be that much more effective - send the air stream all the way over my head rather than into my helmet. I'm very tempted to put my mounts in a vice and see if I can get 5º or so out of them.
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com
CTL11

Post by CTL11 »

OT, but BicycleRider I am also from Columbus and am thinking about buying a Blur. Where did you get your's and what did you pay?
KCScooterDude

Just bought one myself

Post by KCScooterDude »

CTL11 wrote:OT, but BicycleRider I am also from Columbus and am thinking about buying a Blur. Where did you get your's and what did you pay?
I'm not in Columbis, I'm in Kansas City and I just paid $2,800. Worth every penny especially with the roadside and warranty.
CTL11

Re: Just bought one myself

Post by CTL11 »

KCScooterDude wrote:I'm not in Columbis, I'm in Kansas City and I just paid $2,800. Worth every penny especially with the roadside and warranty.
Was that price out the door or did you have to pay tax on top of that? I looked at an 06 new and they were asking $3299 or $3200 (can't remember). If I go back I'm trying to figure out a price I would pay out the door.
bicyclerider

Post by bicyclerider »

CTL11,
my blur was purchased at The Speed Shop ala: http://www.supersonicscooters.com/view_ ... rtmentID=2 Supersonic Scooters down on High St.
I can't remember the guy that owns the place...but a very cool guy.
I think I paid under 2400 for sure....
my wife got a pink Buddy at the same time...

now if the dang weather around here would be nicer....I could ride it everyday again.
CTL11

Post by CTL11 »

That's were I test rode the Blur yesterday. I liked it, but need to decide if it's what I want. They had a sticker price of $3200 or 3300 and I was curious what people were actually paying for them. I didn't get into the cost of it with them.

$2400 seems like a really good price. Did you get a 06 or 07?
bicyclerider

Post by bicyclerider »

mines orange...
I guess 06?

it was certainly cheaper than the newer one they had...
no diff other than color and bar ends....
KCScooterDude

Re: Just bought one myself

Post by KCScooterDude »

CTL11 wrote:
KCScooterDude wrote:I'm not in Columbis, I'm in Kansas City and I just paid $2,800. Worth every penny especially with the roadside and warranty.
Was that price out the door or did you have to pay tax on top of that? I looked at an 06 new and they were asking $3299 or $3200 (can't remember). If I go back I'm trying to figure out a price I would pay out the door.
Tax was on top of that, but no set-up fees or delivery, so I guess you could say out the door plus tax.
CTL11

Post by CTL11 »

bicyclerider wrote:mines orange...
I guess 06?

it was certainly cheaper than the newer one they had...
no diff other than color and bar ends....
So you got a new one? or did they have a black one that was newer?

I would love to be able to get that orange one that I test rode for $2400.

Did you just throw a price out there and they took it?

Thanks again for your help.