Are Rattler and Roughhouse body panels interchangeable?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Hugo

Are Rattler and Roughhouse body panels interchangeable?

Post by Hugo »

I really like the color of the green Roughhouse R50. I was thinking of ordering those panels through the dealer and putting them on the Rattler.
By looking at pictures, the panels seem interchangeable. Is that a correct assumption?
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Ok... its been a while since I painted a car but...
If you are going to go through the trouble of unbolting all your panels, you might want to consider painting your current panels.
When I shot cars, I used a gun & compressor, but you can buy automotive paint (the real stuff - not just spray paint) in spray cans from auto paint shops & on line. You get to choose from pretty much any color any car has ever been painted. (just be sure you buy paint formulated for plastic/flexiable parts) Its not that hard to do (get a book or look it up on the web) - just some good prep work & you can make it what ever color you want. Like green? - how about Bullitt Mustang Green?
You can even practice on something else & play with stripes or something cool (I shot two riding lawn mowers before I painted my first car - I wish I had a pic my dad's sears mower in charcoal metalic with a silver racing stripe that I painted as practice as a 17 year old - coolest mower in the neighborhood)

Not only would you end up with a custom scooter, the exact color you want, I bet it would be a LOT cheeper.

Someone else here on the forums might be able to give you some advice on scooter painting.

I like the black of my rattler... but I have been thinking how it would look in Lexus Blue (but that will be a winter project if I decide to do it)
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Hmmm, next year's winter project :roll: What should it be? Now you've got me thinking. Seat? Graphics? Flux Capacitor?
EZPZ #65