Derestricting the Rattler 110

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Hugo

Derestricting the Rattler 110

Post by Hugo »

The Genuine site for the Rattler 110 mentions that it reaches a top speed of 55+ mph (restricted).
Has anybody derestricted this beast yet? I'm assuming that there is probably a washer spacing out the variator and another at the exhaust port.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Nope... they mean the emissions restrictions that make it legal in CA. No variator restrictor or washer in the exhaust. Put the Prima on it and theae "restrictions" are gone :D
EZPZ #65
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

nissanman wrote:Nope... they mean the emissions restrictions that make it legal in CA. No variator restrictor or washer in the exhaust. Put the Prima on it and theae "restrictions" are gone :D
How much of a gain does the Prima provide? Any rejetting required afterwards?
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

More off the line than anything else. It actually gives you a power "band" instead of nothing at all. Wheelies easier and frees up a few rpm up top. Doesn't really give it a higher top speed though. You'd need different gearing or a much higher redline to accomplish that. Sounds good too :D
EZPZ #65
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

I'll probably add it to my grocery list. I wonder if putting slightly heavier roller weights in would increase top speed.
KABanshee

Post by KABanshee »

I'm going with 12 gram rollers and 2000 rpm spring, this along with a 90 mian jet should complement my Prima Pipe very well. When I threw the Prima on I gained alot of low to mid range torque but the top end seems slightly lacking. The Rattler is a wheelie'n fool.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

12g???! I hope the gearing is different in Vancouver. I tried 10g and 11g (scooterworks doesn't have any 12g) and didn't feel they worked the best for the bike. I have the NCY 2000RPM spring and the Prima, jet will be next. It held top speed easier (on a flat road) but the Rattler is a acceleration/wheelie/hooligan type ride, take off vs cruising... I'll lean towards take off.
EZPZ #65
KABanshee

Post by KABanshee »

Well I ordered the 12g's from Ryan@Scooterworks! I hope that he is accurate on his suggestions. :oops: He seems like a pretty knowledgeable and experienced 2-stroke guy. I'm very familiar with the whole 2 stroke motor from building Banshee's for the sand out here in Oregon but these variator type engagement clutches our a new species for me. ryan mentioned they are in the works of offering a Big Bore for the Rattler. The are in the R&D stages at this time. Can't wait.

Hey Nissanman where did you order your air filter pod from if you don't mind me asking. I hate the plastic look of the current air filter.

Here in Vancouver/Portland Metro area we are around 50 ft. above sea level with relatively low humidity. I am just looking for little more top end to get me across the I-5 interstate bridge to and from work. I bought the rattler to save from the high cost of diesel my Duramax Crew Cab was burning through. I save $12 for every day I drive my scooter to work. This Rattler is money in my pocket and is paying for itself quite nicely.Once I got past the razzing from the boys at the Steel Mill it was all laugh's back at them at how cost effective a scooter is. I can't believe how inexpensive mods are on these bad boys either.

Needless to say I have a few others interested in scoot's since my Rattler joined my 2-Stroke family.

Take Care nice place you have here!

Scoot scoot!
Kris
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

MRP distributes them. Check out yahoo group "genuinerattler" for part number etc. I took pictures of the box too. I guess any shop that gets Polini stuff can get it for you.
EZPZ #65