reisisting your inner hooligan

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

vitaminC

reisisting your inner hooligan

Post by vitaminC »

So it's like this: on my commute, everything is cool. I typically get to work early-ish, so I don't have to deal with much traffic, and besides that, it's only about six miles each way (but not quite flat enough for me to bicycle). Same on the way home, very little traffic, but sometimes...

When I hit the lights just right, I get this perfect sequence: a nice right hand turn followed about 30 yards later by a sweeping left that lets me get a pretty good lean going. Mind, the signals and traffic have to perfect for this. When it happens, I find I have no choice but to let 'er loose.

Worse than that, however, is when I'm out running errands. The main drag through here (El Camino Real) is very wide, and when the traffic is plodding along I want so bad to "go European" and just slice right between all those slow cars. Of course I do it when they're stopped, but even when moving that "lane" between the cars calls out to me. Sometimes I answer :twisted: :wha:

It's weird, because I am pretty safety concious most of the time, and never did that sort of thing on my motorcycle. It's the smallness and ease with which the Buddy flits through those gaps that brings out the worst in me. Guess it's a good thing it's not quick enough for the interstate! :wink:

Anyone else have trouble resisting their inner hooligan?
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

Word.
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner Dottie, a REBEL.
Keys

Post by Keys »

My hooligan isn't so much "inner" as he is "out there"! In fact, he's my best pal...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

word to that too.
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner Dottie, a REBEL.
hermitgirl

Post by hermitgirl »

Remember my posts about being nervous?

Yeah, no longer. I've done the "switching lanes while being at a stop" bit, and that simple maneuverability between cars is so great. I haven't answered the call of the open "lane" like you have, but I've noticed it, and have certainly wanted to. But then I talk myself down. -grin-