New to group

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tiki torch

New to group

Post by Tiki torch »

Have enjoyed reading postings. Finaly joined. I have had my my 06 Blur since Feb and have put 1200 blur miles on. Use it for commuting doing errands and rides with my wife she has a Buddy 125. I am surprised I dont see more scoots here in Ca, since the weather is good almost all the time. Thanks again for all the interesting reads.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Hey Tiki,

Welcome to Modern Buddy! Glad you like the Blur. Despite the uncalibrated gauges and a couple other warts, it's a great scooter, isn't it? I see that you and your wife have a Blur and a Buddy 125. Have you guys drag raced yet? :twisted:

-John
KCScooterDude

Re: New to group

Post by KCScooterDude »

Tiki torch wrote:Have enjoyed reading postings. Finaly joined. I have had my my 06 Blur since Feb and have put 1200 blur miles on. Use it for commuting doing errands and rides with my wife she has a Buddy 125. I am surprised I dont see more scoots here in Ca, since the weather is good almost all the time. Thanks again for all the interesting reads.
I love my Blur and can't wait to put 1,200 BDUs on it. At this pace, should take another three weeks. Welcome!
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

Welcome! You've got a great scoot there! I can't believe California isn't just swarming with scooters. Give it to the end of the summer though, that just might be the way of things.
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com
Tenchi

Hey, Tiki---from San Jose

Post by Tenchi »

I ride a Honda Elite 80 but will move up to a Genuine scooter soon. You're right about Silicon Valley, you don't see but one scooter a day, if you're lucky. Visit SF, and they swarm like June Bugs. Guess we aren't as sophisticated here... :D
babblefish

Re: Hey, Tiki---from San Jose

Post by babblefish »

Tenchi wrote:I ride a Honda Elite 80 but will move up to a Genuine scooter soon. You're right about Silicon Valley, you don't see but one scooter a day, if you're lucky. Visit SF, and they swarm like June Bugs. Guess we aren't as sophisticated here... :D
You haven't seen scooters "swarm" unless you've been to Asia. It can literally be a swarm. When I was living in Taiwan, scooters outnumbered cars 5:1. I think they outnumbered pedestrians 10:1! San Francisco is pretty barren in comparison.
BTW: No offense or anything, but I've ridden a couple of Honda Elites' before; do yourself a favor and get a Genuine scooter, or anything else for that matter! :D

Oh yeah, welcome to these forums Tiki! :D
Tenchi

Hey, bablefish...

Post by Tenchi »

Little scootie does alright, but I am moving on up.....if you can handle an Elite 80, everything else is just gravy.....the new 150 Genuines look pretty hot.