Re-stickered & "re-named" Rattler

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScootLemont

Re-stickered & "re-named" Rattler

Post by ScootLemont »

I don’t mean to offend anyone who likes the Rattler Name & Decals – they just weren’t my thing.
Ok... after removing the old Rattler stickers I thought it looked a little generic - so I added some new ones - dont think you can tell from the photo but they are silver & match the silver bodywork
Before anyone asks.... GSC RT 50 = Genuine Scooter Company Rattler 50
Anyone else sticker, stripe, paint, draw on, etc their rattlers?
Attachments
rt50.jpg
rt50.jpg (39.19 KiB) Viewed 2223 times
rattler_old.jpg
rattler_old.jpg (43.35 KiB) Viewed 2223 times
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

Pretty sweet! That Rattler tattoo on yours IS (was) much different and more exagerrated than mine....which is a more mature diamond-shaped puffy one. Are all the 50cc ones like yours? I've only seen the 110cc version.

The GSC moniker is clever!

What's up with the rear tailight? Clear? Is that OG?
BGK

Re: Re-stickered & "re-named" Rattler

Post by BGK »

I liked the originals much better. The new ones look too much like every other mainland china scooter with the importers own "branding" like the "Veterucci RXZ 50 RR Sport Racer" or something like that in plain rubbed on decals. But to each his own. If you want to get some cool decals just search on ebay for vinyl (insert logo name) and you'll probably find dozens of cool ideas for around 10.00. I always feel so unoriginal when I look for something cool that I just thought of and find that there are 4 ebay sellers that had the exact same idea before I did!
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

mattgordon wrote:Pretty sweet! That Rattler tattoo on yours IS (was) much different and more exagerrated than mine....which is a more mature diamond-shaped puffy one. Are all the 50cc ones like yours? I've only seen the 110cc version.

All the photos of 50s that I have seen have the big logo - I do like the diamond shaped logo on the 110 much better & I probably would have left that alone.

The clear taillight is stock - it has red LEDs inside the clear lense - I think it looks cool - - the 110s dont have those?
Attachments
brake.jpg
brake.jpg (15.55 KiB) Viewed 2168 times
Last edited by ScootLemont on Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ScootLemont

Re: Re-stickered & "re-named" Rattler

Post by ScootLemont »

BGK wrote:I liked the originals much better. The new ones look too much like every other mainland china scooter with the importers own "branding" like the "Veterucci RXZ 50 RR Sport Racer" or something like that in plain rubbed on decals. But to each his own.
Well... after I removed them them all... yeah, I thought it looked like a china bike - so thats why I did my decals.

As far as "branding" that is pretty much what Genuine does - not that I am comparing the quality PGO scoots to the china bikes - not even close.

For about 2 minutes I thought about labeling it a NAKED
http://www.pgoscooters.co.uk/detail.php?id=40
but couldnt come up with a good logo to go with NAKED like the snake on the Rattler. (kidding about that)
Bottom line for me is I like this look better for my scooter... I have seen lots of pics on the 'net of tripped out scooters & I think they are cool - just not for me.
BTW - I think I might have the only scooter in my town & so far, people I know only ask if it is a Vespa, when they hear I bought a scooter (before they see it) - thats the only scooter brand they know by name.
DarbyWalters

Post by DarbyWalters »

Maybe a "Racing Stripe" that is curved and looks like "snakeskin" would look kewl...with the GSC RT 50 in the middle (basically add a stealth looking snakeskin racing stripe on either side)...Just an Idea
Founder of www.LOSTKJs.com ... Jeep Liberty Forum

Lambretta UNO 150cc 4 Stroke...Hope I can still hang around here!

GY6B...4 Valve Head, 26mm carb, Oil Cooler, High Compression head...all Stock...64mpg Top End.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

DarbyWalters wrote:Maybe a "Racing Stripe" that is curved and looks like "snakeskin" would look kewl...with the GSC RT 50 in the middle (basically add a stealth looking snakeskin racing stripe on either side)...Just an Idea
Nice idea... I would love to find a pinstripe tape that somehow looked like a snake - I will have to do some google-ing
someone must make that with all the snake named cars out there
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

ScootLemont wrote:
mattgordon wrote:Pretty sweet! That Rattler tattoo on yours IS (was) much different and more exagerrated than mine....which is a more mature diamond-shaped puffy one. Are all the 50cc ones like yours? I've only seen the 110cc version.

All the photos of 50s that I have seen have the big logo - I do like the diamond shaped logo on the 110 much better & I probably would have left that alone.

The clear taillight is stock - it has red LEDs inside the clear lense - I think it looks cool - - the 110s dont have those?
The 110's I've seen have a red lens, with a 69 cent lightbulb inside. :cry:
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

that's weird... why would the put the LED on the less expensive model?
the PGO Naked 49cc has the clear also
I wonder if the 110 version of the PGO has the LEDs or what you have and if so... if that would fit your buck ten
DarbyWalters

Post by DarbyWalters »

Don Prudome was called "The Snake" when drag racing...you might find a pic of some nice paint jobs that have snakeskin...
Founder of www.LOSTKJs.com ... Jeep Liberty Forum

Lambretta UNO 150cc 4 Stroke...Hope I can still hang around here!

GY6B...4 Valve Head, 26mm carb, Oil Cooler, High Compression head...all Stock...64mpg Top End.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Ok... there is a Vespa snake skin seat cover
http://www.sjvespa.com/_images/parts/70_part.jpg

Something like that would great for the people who really want to play up the Rattler theme
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

ScootLemont wrote:Ok... there is a Vespa snake skin seat cover

Something like that would great for the people who really want to play up the Rattler theme
That seat was universally disliked in the Vespa universe. Probably a collectable now...go figure!
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

ScootLemont wrote:Ok... there is a Vespa snake skin seat cover
NOOOOO!!! The Rattler's seat is my favorite part!!! (looks wise)
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

The 2008 110s are supposed to have the LED tailight... the 07s had the red plastic lens with a 1157 bulb in it :cry:
EZPZ #65
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Guess you can now get the LED tail light

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/gen ... essage/351
KABanshee

Post by KABanshee »

The LED tail lights definately look tempting.