Gas Stations & Parking Lots

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

DennisD

Gas Stations & Parking Lots

Post by DennisD »

Today we went to a couple of stores running errands, me on the Vino 125, my wife on her new Buddy 125 we picked up yesterday. In one store a clerk walked up and asked about the scooters parked in front of his store. "How much gas mileage", etc. etc. You know how it goes. So then he says "Congratulations for being on the cutting edge". Ho Hum. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I discovered the fun of 2 wheels eons ago and gasoline prices had nothing to do with it when I started.
Later we stopped at a Tom Thumb to purchase some middle eastern gasoline and this little ole grandma pumping gas on the other side of the pumps smiles and says, "All right, way to go!" The Vino took a whole .9 gallon and away we went. The Buddy is still full with 30 miles on her so far.

I love it.

Dennis
HollyEQQ

Re: Gas Stations & Parking Lots

Post by HollyEQQ »

DennisD wrote:"Congratulations for being on the cutting edge".

this little ole grandma pumping gas on the other side of the pumps smiles and says, "All right, way to go!"

This really really cracked me up. First of all, most people don't realize that down here things only change when federally mandated and even then it usually takes another 100 years for them to stop whining about it!

Between that and the fact that we have an unusual amount of little ole grandmas! So it wouldn't be unforseen to run into one or twelve.

I was at the new Publix last night and the older couple I kept running into said - "its got cheaper prices than Bruno's but it is just soooo bright!".
HA!

As I was running around this weekend, I was noticing how wonderful so much of our area is for scootin'. We are so blessed.
Holly
Valgal20

Post by Valgal20 »

I have people ask about "My Little Pony" all the time, but as far as little ole grandmas- my parents dont want my grandma to know I have a scoot, so every time I go over to visit I have to park down the street and walk, jeez! But I think if there are enough of us out there, we could tip the scales and start a new revolution! ( my scooter place told me that a couple of people have come in asking if they know of a girl who drives a blue scooter and wears all blue to match :lol: - Thats Me!) And the scooter place is doing great business- 3 buddys sold in the last week (probably more)! :D
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Last weekend we were out riding and stopped for gas. We filled the Buddy and the Vespa for like $6.00. There was a guy at another filling a Tahoe. He just looked over laughed and said "Oh you have to be kidding!" We smiled and then waved as we scooted off!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

The closest gas station to my house doesn't have the credit card swiper outside, so you have to go inside and prepay... When I go up to the counter and say I need $4 on whichever pump and hand them my card, they always stare blankly at me and say "you really want to just put $4 on your credit card?" ... Yes, I don't carry cash and that's all he can hold!!! :lol: