another newby question

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

paint_lick

another newby question

Post by paint_lick »

let's say you found a used buddy 125 with just under 1,000 miles and the person has all the service records from the dealer and also went by the book with the break in period. also, it looks perfect. he wants $2,000 - because he seriously needs the money. does this sound to good to be true? it's also in route for my move to CA and i'm driving my truck out next week so i could easily pick it up along the way... does anyone know if the warranty will transfer over? thanks for any feedback.
robtaylor

Post by robtaylor »

the warranty will not transfer over

what year is the bike?

one of the websites (either kelly bluebook or NADA) says that a 2007 is worth $2200 and a 2006 is worth $2000 that's for tulsa, ok so add probably a couple hundred dollars in california. sounds like a decent deal to me, although i bought a used 2006 with all the service records and the engine had to be replaced so you never know
formerly known as robonz23

www.cannonballbuddy.com
paint_lick

Post by paint_lick »

robonz23 wrote:
what year is the bike?
it's a 2007
kilted texan

Post by kilted texan »

I bought my 2006 for $1925 with 1600 miles. Yes it could be a dud. Stop by & take a test ride. If you like it buy it. Just be ready to do some work if it F's up.

Good luck, it sounds like a deal.
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

how about stopping by the dealer where all the work was done and asking them about any possible trouble they may have spotted?
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

If you dont have your license yet, dont test ride it, just turn the bike on, use the center stand, and rev it to make sure it runs, and hold it for a while to make sure it can hold the acceleration. Otherwise, the better bet would be to go with the person to the nearest dealer and have them check it out.