Hand guards or heated grips?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ariane

Hand guards or heated grips?

Post by ariane »

Does anybody have either hand guards or heated grips on their Blur? It's still pretty chilly here in Chicago in the mornings and despite my gloves my hands are freezing!
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

I don't, but I had hand guards (the ones that looked like an "L" shape tube. on one of my bikes eons ago. They worked and were very easy to put in/out. There were no heated anything back then.

If I were to get something, I would go with the hand guards again. For me, simplicity always wins.
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
ScooterN2

Post by ScooterN2 »

I have tried heated handgrips, electric gloves, and hand covers on my motorcycle. The simple hand covers (padded cloth L shaped that fit over bar ends and you insert hands into) really works best.

The handgrips are nice if just cool, but don't work well if it get too cold. Electric gloves are nice but a hassle to set up. I tried them on the Blur, but they drained my battery on a 15 mile commute. Need a bigger battery I guess.

The hand covers work reasonable, I could commute 20 miles at 70mph plus in 30 degree weather on motorcycle and keep reasonably warm, though have to admit a little cold at end of trip. Easy to take on and off. If it warms up you can always put in bag or backpack. Mine were about $20 bucks and designed for ATV use.