Windshield Installation Problems on 08 Buddy

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bruce13

Windshield Installation Problems on 08 Buddy

Post by bruce13 »

Hi

I made the mistake of buying my Buddy right at closing time. The dealer tried to have a tech install my windshield but realized that it was closing time and there was not enough time to install it. He assured me that it would be no problem to install and sent me home to install it myself.

:wink:

So I tried to install this windshield tonight and unscrewed the mirrors. However, the bolts that come with the Windshield do not even fit into the mirror holes of the Buddy :x Also, it seems that the bolts are reverse threaded. Good luck getting those at Lowes.

The Windshield has a Genuine Scooter Label on the front of it, so I don't understand why it won't work. Oh and the instructions are in another language (No English Version) and the parts shown in the diagram are not the parts that are included.

Has anybody else had this experience with their 08 Buddy?

Thanks
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Wow—a lot going on there!

Is this the windshield?

Either way, the right mirror bolt is reverse threaded.
If you have the wrong hardware, not much you can do but call your dealer.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
bicyclerider

Post by bicyclerider »

the first windshield our dealer ordered for my wife's pink buddy had the wrong hardware, the correct windshield.

just go back and show them....
I am not sure if Stevie wonder is packing those things up or what?

:)