First Maintenance on my roughhouse 50cc ( Black Cat)

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

siafu

First Maintenance on my roughhouse 50cc ( Black Cat)

Post by siafu »

Hello. All.

I got the roughhouse 50cc 2008 model from a dealer. I have two year warranty, but I must keep up with regular maintenance to keep the warranty.

Apparently I don't have to take it to the dealer where I got the scooter from where they want $160 to change the oil, I asked and they said they would only change the oil. Kind of expensive for an oil change.

So Any of you have experience with this first maintenance, do I have to take it to a Genuine dealer to keep my warranty?

Does anyone have the contact phone number for Genuine, I would lke to ask them directly what it is required before I do this.

Thank you very much.

P.S. Also I asked when I need to take it in, they said the first 300 miles then every 300 after that, , this can get very expensive, as I drive the thing almost everyday. So much saving $$ on gas, is this is true what the dealer says, this thing is more expensive to meintain than my car, LOL.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

The first one you're supposed to do at a dealer. After that your transmission doesn't need an oil change for a while. Certanly not every 300 miles! Just check you nuts and screws every now and then, they will loosen up a bit over time. I've heard of numerous loose exhausts on 2t bikes.
EZPZ #65