Blur windshields on sale

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bicyclerider

Blur windshields on sale

Post by bicyclerider »

charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Thanks for the heads-up! Figured I'd get one sooner or later, but now it's sooner.

-Charlie
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I don't even like windshields, but I just bought one. I'm waiting for the email that they only had one in stock and bicyclerider already bought it.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
bicyclerider

Post by bicyclerider »

B,
no, I have one already....that's funny though....
I paid I think 90 bucks or so through my dealer.

now, if I can just figure out a way to make it bigger for spring and fall.
In the heat of July and August, I wish it had vents :P
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

hay i just got one too. hope they still had some in stock!! well they did take my order. :D
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

I ordered the windscreen on Friday, along with a few oil filters. Everything "rang up" OK and the order was "in process". I checked back today and the windscreen is missing from the order, but the oil filters are still there.

Tried calling, but they're closed on Mondays. Methinks someone's gonna get an earful tomorrow morning.

Charlie
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

yeap . . . no longer on their clearance page.
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Yeah, I see that they're gone. However, they were still shown after my order had been submitted. Seems to me that order entry and inventory should be linked, no? i.e., process an order, knock down the inventory by the number of units purchased, stop offering the item when inventory reaches zero.

Or maybe I'm just hallucinating.....

Regards,

Charlie
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

yep just got an email my order was cancled and my card was not charged... :evil: now i got to order from scooterworks at full price
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Mine too. I think I was the second to order, they must have only had one.

Not too bummed, I didn't really need it anyway. : )

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
bicyclerider

Post by bicyclerider »

I emailed two companies today asking them if they would reproduce the original windshield, but manufacture it slightly larger - taller and/or wider.

I'll let you all know if I hear anything.
bummer, must have been one of those 'Best Buy' sales, yeah come on in -
oh sorry we're out.

ha

Mark
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Finally got a response from scooterwest....

Seems that they only had 1 (one) Blur windshield in stock, but they can't find the mounting hardware. So, it would appear that they had to pull the item. :roll:

I had also ordered a bunch of oil filters and they asked if I still wanted them. Without the savings from the windshield discount, however, the shipping cost was more than I wanted to pay. So, I cancelled the order and re-ordered from scooterworks, saving a few bucks in the process.

Bottom line: if scooterwest puts the windshield back on clearance, act fast, and make sure that the mounting hardware is included.

Regards,

Charlie
KCScooterDude

Blur windshield

Post by KCScooterDude »

FYI - I got a blur windshield installed at my dealer and it makes a huge difference. The bike feels a lot more stable at high speed, especially if there is a headwind.

Also, don't get one if you don't wear a full-face helmet. It throws the wind up into your face, which doesn't bother me, but it might bother some.
groovedirk

Windshields available at Scooterville in MN

Post by groovedirk »

Well my dealer (uralchicago.com) couldn't find that last Blur windshield he thought he had in stock and everyone else seemed to be out (incl Eco Moto which at the time I ordered SAID they had some on their wbesite). In fact Scooterworks quoted me 2-6 weeks and that's not a "firm e.t.a." it may not show up at all...

So I found one at Scooterville in MN and they are shipping it to me. It t'ain't cheap but if you want one they seem to have at least a couple left.

Thanks to the instructions posted here on the board, I'll try my hand at installing it myself when it shows up.

--Dirk--
GFridrich3

Post by GFridrich3 »

Dirk, the install is cakewalk if you have even a basic knowldege of hand tools.

Sorry to hear of Ural / Ture Imports losing your windshield like that.

Im glad I did get one when I did from the sounds of it! And to think I was going to pass on it and get it later. Who knows if later is even a possibility.

The one thing about the Blur windshield that I really dont care for so far, is that its Amber, not Charcoal / Graphite. The color of the windshield just doesnt match well to the rest of the scooter. Other than that, I dont have any complaints, and love the extra wind that gets blown up into my helmet on hot days to keep cool!