Alarm for Scooter

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

siafu

Alarm for Scooter

Post by siafu »

Hello All.

Do any of you have an alrm on your scooter? You know something like a car alarm?

CAn you please recomend the best one out there? I have heard that some will freak out if it rains out, i live in Seattle, can't have that.

Thank you.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

I had one on my motorcycle, but not on my scooter. I hear good things about the disc brake locks though.
EZPZ #65
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

I use the Gorilla Motorcycle alarm Part # 7007. It works really well on my Ruckus and doesn't suck the battery dry. You can also get it with a remote pager that works up to 1/2 mile away.
Very easy to install.
siafu

Post by siafu »

Hello Thank you very much.

So do you have a schematic on the instalation? I would like to have a look at it before I buy thes alarm you recomended.

I juat want to see how easy/hard it is to install.

What does it do, just beep, or cut engine off, if the scooter is moved?

Thanks again for the tip.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

It just hooks up to the battery. It has a shock sensor, tilt sensor and ignition sensor. Sensitivity is adjustable and it sounds just like a car alarm. I currently have it only on my Ruckus. Every scooter should have one.
siafu

Post by siafu »

Cool, I ordered one, the one with the two paginf thing.

Thanks for the info.

I have read that they are over sensitive, that they go off for no reason, is this true?
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

siafu wrote:Cool, I ordered one, the one with the two paginf thing.

Thanks for the info.

I have read that they are over sensitive, that they go off for no reason, is this true?
The sensitivity has level settings. I have mine set in the middle. If you lightly slap my handlebars, it gives a quick chirping warning. If you grab and twist them, it screams like a banschee!!
God help the fool who touches my scooter :twisted: !!!
siafu

Post by siafu »

Well, I received the alarm, and installed it. IT took a lot longer to install than they mention in the manual. The reason, it longer is because I could not decide where to install the alarm.

Anyhow, it works, I have the one with 2 way pager, it send me reports what alarms went off if any, up to half a mile away, not sure if it actually goes that far, maybe in a field, but it does work.

Now I have to take the scooter somewhere in a field away from people and set it to lower sensitivity and play with the settings a bit to fine tune it. Don't want to drive the neighbours crazy, :)

One thing I did different is that they suggest in the manual to have the tilt sensor mounted for the , the side kick stand, but I hardly use that stand, I don't trust it since my scooter fell the second day I ad it from that stand and broke one signal light and the break handle, and it took almost 3 weeks to get replacements, so I just use the center kick stand. So I set the tilt sensor to react the length of the scooter and not the width, hope this make sense. And it works fine.

So if you were thinking of getting a Gorilla Alarm for your scooter I recommend the model #7017, the one with the 2 way pager, I got mine for $139 shipping included from eBay, most other places want a bit more. You can also get the same alarm, without the 2 way pager for about $70 in most places.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

I'm glad you like it... I knew you would. Tech support os also very helpful.