Service Manual?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KidDynomite

Service Manual?

Post by KidDynomite »

I know someone posted a link to a pdf version of the service manual, but I can't find it now.

I'm tired of waiting around for my dealer, I need to get started learning how to wrench this bad boy. I'm already needing another oil change.

Plus, I'm searching all over for tunning info, kits, etc., but I can't find much. I can find a little on the BuBu, but only in French, and the only other thing I can find is for a different PGO 125 engine.

I'm guessing adding air induction is one of the best/easiest power boosts.

BTW, anyone know where I can get an airfilter? I have a weekly ride that includes about a half mile of gravel road and obviously I may need to stay on top of air cleaner cleaning/replacing.

Thinking of trying to buy/mod a K&N filter.
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner Dottie, a REBEL.
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

brat

Post by brat »

I found some after market stuff for mybubu in Japan. A muffler and a whole handlebar replacement kit. I googled a bunch of stuff and used google's translater. I found no prices, but the handlebar kit would make it look REALLY different.

The handlebar kit replaces the entire handlebar setup, plastic and all. Metal bar like the vino. Moves the headlight to the front where the sliver cover is for the horn. Replaces the speedo and gas gauge with a small round gauge. I will see if I can find it again.

Susan
Keys

Post by Keys »

Hey KidD...be aware that if you alter the air induction system in any way, you're probably going to have to re-jet the carburetor. It's not difficult, but it IS time consuming. There is an EXCELLENT article on CV carbs in the...I think the summer issue of Scoot! Quarterly. Covers the whole system. I've also been told that any change to the intake changes the vacuum that moves your slide up and down, thereby making your CV carb totally inefficient. I can't attest to this...check with a good motorcycle mechanic.

Another thing to think about is the exhaust is easy to open up, too. The pipe could conceivably be cut just before the muffler and a small slip-on or SuperTrapp could be easily put on. This done in conjunction with the K&N filter would possibly add some serious poop. HOWEVER!!! Generally speaking, manufacturers frown on this sort of behaviour and may decide this voids one's warranty. TINKERERS BEWARE!

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

Generally speaking, manufacturers frown on this sort of behaviour and may decide this voids one's warranty.
Yeah, I'm fully aware........I probably won't do anything more than the K&N and maybe a sparkplug right off, but I would like to get a feel for what else I could do before I mod too much of the look of my Buddy.

Thanks everyone for all of the other info. I was using yahoo just out of habit. I should switch to Google. I've never used the translator before last night (on the Yahoo) and it seemed weak.

Well, hopefully we can all keep this thread going because eventually, you know someone will take the plunge and it will be ON!
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner Dottie, a REBEL.
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

Keys wrote:HOWEVER!!! Generally speaking, manufacturers frown on this sort of behaviour and may decide this voids one's warranty.
Actually, they can only do that if they can demonstrate that what you did caused the failure. So basic mods such as airbox and exhaust be themselves are not grounds for negating your warranty. And, if you happen to toast your engine becuase you were messing around with it, this does not mean that they can negate the rest of your warranty, only the part that applies to the engine.

Check out the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
Most vehicle owners are not aware they are protected by federal law: the Magnuson-Moss Warranty – Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act of 1975. Under the Magnuson-Moss Act, aftermarket equipment which improves performance does not void a vehicle manufacturer’s original warranty, unless the warranty clearly and conspicuously states that aftermarket equipment voids the warranty. Most states have warranty statutes, as well. Which provide further protections for vehicle owners.

In other words, that means a dealer can’t wiggle out of his legal warranty obligation merely because you install aftermarket equipment. To find out if any aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle’s warranty, check the owner’s manual. It is likely the language you are looking for appears under a heading such as “What Is Not Covered� Although the language seems negative, remember your vehicle manufacturer is simply saying he does not cover the aftermarket products themselves. He is not saying that the products would void the vehicle warranty.