Hey Buddy Girl

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

booleanman

Hey Buddy Girl

Post by booleanman »

Hey Buddy Girl.

I saw you riding your creme Buddy up Trinity Place by the World Trade Center site the other morning. I was on my way to work and I barely knew what hit me. When I saw you racing by with your visor pulled up, my first thought was that's illegal. But when I saw your face, I realized that hiding it would be the real crime. Who knew an angel needed a scooter to fly?

Did you see me looking Buddy Girl?

You must have. I was the one in the Corazzo hoody with the look of bliss on my face. Right. That was me. I know what you're thinking. Love at first sight- it's not real. And how could it be real when I only saw you for a brief moment as you sped by? I can understand your reluctance. Just because we ride the same scooter, is that a basis for a lifelong, passionate affair? I don't know, but is that a worse start than all the sweet, sweet lies upon which my former loves were sown?

We should give it a try Buddy Girl.

I know you're skeptical. Does it ever work out? Two people passing in the morning rush? I don't know, but it's the sort of thing we should test with a romantic weekend in the Poconos. Or a week. Or a month. I know the back roads across New Jersey. We can ride our bikes there together.

Can you love a man that rides a tiny scooter Buddy Girl?

I know what you're thinking. The Buddy is a pretty girly bike. Why would you want a man who rides a small scooter? Well, I can't tell you for sure. I don't spend my time thinking about how riding a scooter makes me look. I'm too busy perfecting my lovemaking skills to worry about what other people think about me when I ride by.

Don't consider me just because I'm fantastic in bed Buddy Girl.

It goes deeper than that. I'm not talking about a short lived two person rally. Not just another weekend that comes and goes. I want to know your dreams. I want to know what drives you when you drive your scooter. I want you to come over and watch Quadrophenia with me. I've got it on DVD and laserdisc. I've got the popcorn ready to go.

So think it over Buddy Girl.

I know it's a lot to ponder. I know it's sudden. But isn't that how love is? The next time you're riding up Trinity Place, keep an eye out for me. I'll be looking for you. I'll be the one in the park next to the statue of the sitting man. Maybe I'll be walking in front of Century 21 on my way down town. I'll be the one who can't tear myself away when I see you speed by. And I know when you're going that fast you probably can't hear me talking, so I'll try to say it with my eyes-

Hey.
- bool
whattheheck

Post by whattheheck »

gone
Last edited by whattheheck on Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

Although it was a smidge "creepy" I found it wildly amusing and poetic. If it was based on real occurance and "buddygirl" wasn't involved, I see no way she could resist such charm (even though it was a smidge creepy).

Women love that stuff (or maybe it's just my good looks and they humor me) and go for it most of the time.

The only way she won't is if he is more Cerino than Romeo.

Good luck Bool!
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner Dottie, a REBEL.
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

Drivel.
I think there are chat rooms for that stuff……
booleanman

Post by booleanman »

I was shooting for more on the funny side :D
Last edited by booleanman on Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
- bool
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

Well, I get it, but then again I have a GREAT sense of humor. I freaking laugh at everyday occurrences. My brain was a Seinfeld episode, I just wasn't genius enough (or famous enough) to make it a sitcom.
Babypea

Fantastic Lover

Post by Babypea »

Please ! ! ! I am so over it.
Since when does anything you say, have any bearing over what I do?
angieyou3

Post by angieyou3 »

cute. Im not the buddy girl you are looking for, but this buddy girl would like to know if your Corazzo hoody keeps you warm enough to not need another jacket. I live in ohio and am looking for something similar for oct./nov.
booleanman

Post by booleanman »

I've been riding in the hoody since I started riding and so far I'm not feeling cold at all. The lowest it's been here this month is 46°F. So far so good. I dunno how well it's going to hold up in the next few months. It's obviously not for very cold weather, but if you layer it over a fleece you might pull it off. I've already got a heavier first gear jacket in the closet for when it gets really cold.
Last edited by booleanman on Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- bool
GatsbyGirl

Post by GatsbyGirl »

Brilliant. Who says romance is dead? I can't imagine a girl alive who wouldn't at least be flattered. We've given boys a second look for far less. I also may have to to adopt the term "two person rally" to my own personal lexicon.
lou76

Post by lou76 »

i write myself notes like that all the time just to make me feel good about myself... and i am in agreeance that the term "two person rally" is genius...
Melody

Post by Melody »

Bool. You are very funny.

This is mos def my favorite line -- I laughed out loud.

"I don't spend my time thinking about how riding a scooter makes me look. I'm too busy perfecting my lovemaking skills to worry about what other people think about me when I ride by. "
Peace and Love
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Re: Hey Buddy Girl

Post by BuddyRaton »

booleanman wrote:....I want you to come over and watch Quadrophenia with me. I've got it on DVD and laserdisc.... .
:rofl:
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
hermitgirl

Post by hermitgirl »

Okay, I admit it. I swooned a little. I like your sense of humour muchly, boolean.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

GatsbyGirl wrote:Brilliant. Who says romance is dead? I can't imagine a girl alive who wouldn't at least be flattered. We've given boys a second look for far less. I also may have to to adopt the term "two person rally" to my own personal lexicon.
We're holding two-person rallies every weekend!

So far: The Inaugural Trans-Valley Rally and the Cahuenga Pass Rally. T-shirts, posters and other commemoratives forthcoming.

Um, it's illegal to ride with your visor up?
booleanman

Post by booleanman »

My understanding from my MSF instructor is that it is illegal to ride without eye protection in NJ, but then everything fun is apparently illegal here. I dunno about NY.
- bool
jess

Post by jess »

booleanman wrote:My understanding from my MSF instructor is that it is illegal to ride without eye protection in NJ, but then everything fun is apparently illegal here. I dunno about NY.
What's life without a little rule-breaking? Speeding is illegal too, but I don't know of too many people who have never, ever exceeded the speed limit.
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

Oh believe me........I'm just waiting to use the "two person rally" line.

Another option for "Buddy Girl" would be for her to be your "Rally Buddy."

I don't care what the haters say Bool, I'm feelin' ya dawg!

The local scoot comunity in Kansas City is very artistic in all forms and you'd definately get the attention of your Buddy Girl if she was trolling the streets of this Cowtown.
CaliGirl

Post by CaliGirl »

I thought it was amusing, although if you really wanted to bait this girl in... less is more. The more mysterious you are by leaving some details out, it would be like attracting a moth to a flame. :D After I read it last night I kept thinking what if BuddyGirl was a married mom with three kids, as in she's off-limits!
RisingSunset

Post by RisingSunset »

I absolutely loved reading that. :twisted:
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

Century 21. man,I love that store.
booleanman

Post by booleanman »

CaliGirl wrote:After I read it last night I kept thinking what if BuddyGirl was a married mom with three kids, as in she's off-limits!
Who really knows? Buddy Girl was there, then she was gone. I haven't seen her since. Maybe she's someone's mom. Maybe she's the daughter of a diplomat from a nation with poor relations to the United States, and that's why our love must remain hidden forever. The chances are slim that she'll ever see this post. If she does, and she is someone's Mom or my much cooler daughter-of-a-foriegn-diplomat scenario, I'd hope she'd at least appreciate being told that she rocked my world :D
- bool
tinalee123

Post by tinalee123 »

bool...I thought it was was sweet and funny... :)