Dr. Pulley transmission

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

basilhayden

Dr. Pulley transmission

Post by basilhayden »

I saw a video on youtube where a company that I can't remember the name of was installing a new transmission on the rattler that included sliders among it's other features. The guy said that it would really improve take off as well as add to the top end speed. Does anyone have knowledge of this product? Price, performance? Thanks
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

MRP, Martin Racing Performance. They don't sell direct to the public, have to go through a dealer. He reccomends the Dr Pulley sliding weights (8g) Dr Pulley HIT clutch and a racing clutch bell.
EZPZ #65
basilhayden

Post by basilhayden »

nissan, do you have any thoughts on this setup? thanks
MPA

Post by MPA »

man, searching the sites that sell MRP's stuff leaves alot to be desired - lots of vague info on what scoots some parts fit
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

The site is a bit tough to navigate, he's really set up as a distributor and wants you to use your local shop. I agree with the 8g weights. I tried heavier than stock and it didn't feel right to me, lighter felt righter. I don't have the $$$ for a new clutch right now so I can't comment on that, but I can definitely see the HIT is an upgrade. Since the clutch and the Prima exhaust cost around the same I'd have a hard time deciding what to go with now, the clutch wasn't known at the time I went with the Prima. When my stock clutch gets worn I'll upgrade then. I've got more information about my upgrades at genuinerattler yahoo group too.
EZPZ #65
MPA

Post by MPA »

I might have misworded my post - MRP's site was easy to navigate, it was the reseller's sites that were horrible.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Most of them are tough to navigate... seems webmasters don't work with scooters?
EZPZ #65
MPA

Post by MPA »

or they don't want to sell anything :D
afriendofcheese

Post by afriendofcheese »

I know exactly what you guys mean. I'm a web designer and offered to redesign http://scootersofboise.com/ because it's such a poor site, and really hard to navigate..looks like something out of the late 90's. They didn't seem to be interested.
Here's what I came up with...
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Now that would be better... MRP definitely needs a filter to sort by scooter, it's hard to search through a gazillion parts :cry:
EZPZ #65